||Feb 25, 2020
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identifies, evaluates and makes specific recommendations for cost improvement projects;
• Prepares technical definitions of assigned projects, including goals and objective scopes of work, timing, and products/levels of manufacture affected;
• Coordinates new product/process introductions from concept stage, through the materials components, methods and processes, costing, feasibility studies and prototypes, to commercial production capability;
• Selects, justifies acquisitions, and implements new and modifications, to production equipment and plant facilities;
• Provides alternative back-up/overload processes and conversely, expands versatility of existing process capabilities;
• Designs, sources and monitors fabrications and introduction of production tools and product materials;
• Communicates with vendors to coordinate quotes, prototypes and production plans;
• Introduces workstation ergonomics, health and safety enhancements, material handling, workflow, plant layouts and packaging techniques;
• Develops complete intermediate level work plans for small projects/sub projects/assignments, including expense/capital estimates and cost/benefit analysis;
• Coaches, guides and trains less experienced staff on technical issues within immediate work area.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum of three years’ experience as a Process Engineer in a manufacturing environment;
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or a related field;
• Demonstrated understanding and application of methodologies associated with project planning;
• Must have strong skills in Microsoft Office programs; Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
• Must have strong skills in AutoCAD &/or Inventor.
• Experience in applying basic engineering analytical skills (SPC, process capability, etc.) to resolve problems and to satisfy customer issues and market requirements;
• Demonstrated ability to complete projects from initial request to implementation;
• Ability to work with other functional areas on projects and assignments;
• Must have strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Ability to work independently toward the completion of specifically defined tasks, including the latitude to coordinate activities outside immediate work area and change personal priorities in order to carry out assignments;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Must demonstrate a positive attitude with the ability to interact effectively with other departments.
Application Contact Information