||Apr 17, 2020
Randstad is currently searching for a Controls Engineer for our manufacturing client located near London, Ontario.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Controls Engineer’s primary role will be to supervise, manage and maintain controls on existing and incoming machinery. You will also support personnel from maintenance/engineering to resolve issues with equipment to facilitate production and promote continuous improvements. This role could have rotating shifts and overtime on weekends occasionally.
• Develop and implement control solutions to achieve greatest productivity in integrated cells, relating to the production and quality assurance of parts, information systems and equipment documentation.
• Manage and develop electrical and control systems with circuits ranging from high voltage AC to low voltage DC.
• Development of new technologies to continually improve machine up time and operability
• Support all teams within the manufacturing facility, providing technical expertise and demonstrating leadership. Integrating Die Cast cell knowledge to obtain operational improvements. Upgrade and update equipment Electrical drawings and control program files.
• Maintain a safe working environment by performing risk analysis and keeping up on current legislation and safety requirements
• Control solutions for new and existing equipment defined, developed, monitored and installed. Oversee programming changes, communication changes and coordinate for consistency.
• Rewrite existing controls specification to useable format for vendor quotations and in-house use. Continuous maintenance of specification is a requirement.
• Work with purchasing to properly implement new stock and remove obsolete stock items. Amend PLEX to ensure all uses of components are accounted for, not just the original use.
• Bachelors of Engineering or a Technical Diploma Essential (Technologist Classification)
• 5+ years of experience with machine controls design, robotic controls, and programming
• Excellent Mechanical, Electrical, Die Casting knowledge an asset
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team with flexible hours
• Leadership skills, initiative, self-discipline, computer skills (Timeline would be an asset), and time management skills
• Excellent project management experience
• Knowledge of the OH&S Act and Regulations, NADCA, CSA and ANSI standards
• Excellent Communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to Travel
While we at Randstad Engineering appreciate all applicants who apply, only those selected for a preliminary interview will be contacted.
Please apply online by uploading your resume to our website at www.Randstad.ca
If you have questions about this role feel free to call or email;
Application Contact Information