This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||May 16, 2023
||College Diploma (3 years)
Pathways Employment Help Centre exists to Unleash People's Potential through Employment, Skills Training and Advocacy.
Position: Outreach & Training Assistant
Reports to: Director of Skills Training and Director of Business Development & Communications
Mission: The Outreach & Training Assistant provides a variety of support services to Pathways’ teams, including data management, preparation of reports and client/employer services.
- Responsible for administrative coordination within structured deadlines
- Support teams involved in skills training, employment, outreach, communications and community engagement
- Provide support to applicants, clients and employers accessing services
- Manage digital and paper files
- Maintain spreadsheets and assist with preparation of reports
- Contact clients by phone, text and/or email to discuss next steps
- Administer applicant enrollment testing and update resumes as required
- Respond to phone and website inquiries regarding services
- Provide phone back-up and reception coverage as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Coordinate and attend community outreach events, including job fairs and information sessions
- Create and nurture strong relationships with clients, employers and project partners
- Complete direct marketing calls and prepare mailers and email notifications regarding services offered
- Attend and participate in marketing and communications meetings
Interested applicants should send Resume and Cover letter, including salary expectations, in Microsoft Word or .pdf format with Outreach & Training Assistant in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is May 26, 2023 by noon, but we reserve the right to begin interviewing and selecting immediately.
Pathways Employment Help Centre is an equal opportunity employer and invites all qualified candidates to apply. PEHC does not discriminate on basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at (519) 667-7795.
- Graduate of an Office Administration program or equivalent experience and skills
- 3-5 years previous experience
- Keyboarding speed of 65+ WPM with accuracy
- Ability to demonstrate advanced skills in MS Word and Excel required, experience in MS Access is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work at a high level of efficiency, managing diverse tasks with focus, accuracy and speed
- Able to move easily between a variety of tasks without frustration and adapt easily to changing processes and priorities
- Superior organizational skills, able to create structures and processes that remove any administrative gaps
- Valid drivers’ license and access to a vehicle is necessary