This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jul 29, 2021
Technical Writer - Engineering
We build cool machines, check out our website! A growing heavy equipment manufacturer located in St. Thomas, Ontario is offering an excellent opportunity for a Technical Writer. In this role, you will be responsible for producing high quality product manuals (65%), managing website (10%), and general administrative tasks (25%) for mining cranes, rail vehicles and military vehicles. The successful candidate will report to the Engineering Manager.
Technical Writer duties
To be qualified, the ideal candidate will have:
- Compile, edit, write and assemble manuals for a variety of machines
- Take, upload and edit photographs
- Manage, write articles, and upload new content to website (www.arvaindustries.com)
- Maintain organization of Engineering office
- Design and print brochures for various machines
- Support bidding process with document preparation
- Framemaker (preferred but not mandatory)
- MS Office
- Great attention to detail, spelling, and organization
- Good at working under urgent deadlines
- Engineering candidates will be considered, however expected to stay in this role for a minimum of 3 years
In this full time role, your remuneration will be based on your experience and/or abilities in creating product manuals, or use of Framemaker. Minimum $19/hr and up depending on experience.
If qualified and interested, please submit a cover letter and resume electronically to KSpicer@arvaindustries.com.