Agilus is recruiting for a Electrician - Service Technician
in the Industrial Equipment Supply Industry
in London, Ontario.
The Journeyperson Electrician - Service Technician will provide inspections, preventive maintenance, and repairs on electrical overhead cranes and hoists.
A typical day:
Successful candidates will have:
- Read, understand and apply the contents of all CSA, OSHA, ANSI, CMAA, HMI and other codes or regulations pertaining to our industry
- Maintain all company issued equipment, vehicle and assets in a safe and proper working order
- Perform inspections, maintenance and repairs on electric overhead traveling cranes and hoists at varied customer locations, as directed
- Conduct on-site electrical, mechanical, structural, and electronic troubleshooting to determine cause for equipment malfunction and establish the necessary repairs utilizing visual inspection, test procedures and appropriate test equipment
- Perform a general post repair audit prior to completion of work, documenting that all required safety features are functional or documenting deficiencies and attaching a deficiency tag to the crane
- Document findings and make corrective recommendations during the safety review to the customer including a written Safety Notification of any observed or known safety concerns, if appropriate
- Consult with customer regarding all repair and safety related issues and discuss during the visit review recommendations that will assist the customer with improving their safety & productivity, prior to leaving job site
- Complete and provide proper electronic documentation utilizing the established company digital tools required for each service, obtaining the customers signature and acceptance
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 25 lbs. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. although not on a daily basis. Must be able to lift 100 lbs. on a rare basis. This position requires frequent climbing, balancing, stooping/crouching, and overhead reaching. This position requires occasional pushing, pulling, kneeling, and crawling. This position will be inside approximately 90% of the time and outside approximately 10% of the time. This position will be frequently exposed to heat, cold, noise and heights
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience involving electrical troubleshooting and mechanical repair. Some electronic experience is preferred but not necessary. Prior experience with cranes is a plus
- Must have and maintain a good driving record, including a valid drivers license
- Must be willing and able to work off the ground. Must be able to work varied overtime, as required by customer, be available for on call as part of the service office rotation and be able to travel and work out of town, on occasion
- Journeyman Industrial electrician
- Competitive compensation package
Please apply directly online by email email@example.com
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive; we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
We encourage you to visit agilus.ca regularly or subscribe to our email alerts at agilus.ca/Account/Register
as new exciting employment opportunities become available daily.
We value a diverse workplace.
Agilus Work Solutions is committed to employ people from diverse backgrounds and we actively demonstrate inclusiveness through fair,
equitable and accessible hiring practices. We recognize the strength that comes from different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives and welcome
candidates who identify as visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons within the LGBTQ+ community. We feel it is
important as an organization that all people have access and opportunity to be employed, to be valued and to be respected.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. Alternative format available on Request