Shift Leaders assist in planning, directing and supervising production activities according to established schedules, safety & quality procedures. They utilize resources effectively and efficiently to achieve production demands and maximize quality. Striving to continuously improve all areas of production.
Here are the primary responsibilities of this role:
- Assist in planning and scheduling activities by reviewing client orders and product specifications; and establish efficient allocation and scheduling of inventory, materials, equipment, labour and sequence of operations and workflow.
- Manage inventory by evaluating cycle count, accuracy of records and inventory location in the plant. Work with Procurement to ensure the correct levels of inventory prior to production.
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules and expedite workflow. Assist plant personnel to resolve scheduling problems.
- Assume responsibility for work-in-progress, including production flow, equipment issues, staffing levels, scheduling issues, quality standards, etc. Report off-schedule conditions with corrective actions.
- Supervise Production staff including task assignment and attendance, providing guidance and feedback, performance evaluation, training and progressive discipline where necessary.
- Confer with management and other departments to interpret production specifications, quality control standards, production schedules and budgetary limitations to ensure compliance.
- Recommend and supervise cost-reduction projects by working with suppliers, vendors and members of management to achieve operating results.
- Ensure employees adhere to all required safety & quality standards, and that they are equipped with the correct tools and protective equipment to perform their jobs in a safe and efficient manner.
- Work with Quality Assurance staff to implement and maintain the required quality processes and procedures. Ensure Production staff are conducting the required quality checks on work-in-progress and finished products.
- Oversee preventative maintenance and repair activities to all equipment in the plant. Prepare reports on equipment failures, downtimes, equipment performance metrics, etc.
- Maintain applicable department policies, systems & procedures; while ensuring that productivity levels are met.
- Comply with the organization’s environmental, health & safety, recycling, sustainability efforts and quality assurance policies and standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- College or University degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of related work experience in a Shift Lead/Team Lead position in a manufacturing/production environment
- Strong knowledge of applicable Safety & Quality standards and legislative requirements
- Prior working knowledge of Planning and Scheduling, as well as workflow
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Positive and action oriented
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Reliable and efficient
- Our warehouse facility in London, Ontario.
- Overtime may be required depending on shipping requirements
We will provide accommodation throughout the application and hiring process.
Please apply through our application portal, here: Shift Leader - Afternoons