||Jan 06, 2021
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
Hospitality Services (HS) at Western University is passionate about delivering superior quality in food, nutrition and service, and strives to support the over-all mission and goals of the University. Hospitality Services serves over 32,000 people on a daily basis through five distinct divisions – Campus Operations, Residence Dining, Great Hall Catering, Conference Services and Vending Services. We have over 600 employees working in Hospitality Services providing our guests with a wide variety of options and choices to fulfill their dietary needs.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, Housing & Ancillary Services, the Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing all accounting and cash control functions within Hospitality Services, ensuring that accounting principles and practices are followed, and financial controls are in place. The Accounting Manager will supervise the accumulation, processing, verification, and data entry of sales and Accounts Payable information into Western’s Financial systems, as well as the Hospital Services ERP system. In addition, the Accounting Manager ensures that the policies of Western’s Finance and Purchasing departments are adhered to, and that the integrity of financial reports is maintained
Administration of supplier incentive programs is also a responsibility of the Accounting Manager, as well as overseeing the accounting of the Campus Meal Plan Office, including reconciliation of the E-Commerce Meal Plan Top Up site. The Accounting Manager will provide support to all existing Off Campus Meal Plan Partners, including onboarding new partners and reconciling sales. The successful candidate will also work in collaboration with the Associate Director, Residences and the Housing Accounts Manager to provide oversight and business administration of the Hospitality Services ERP system (QS2), the Meal Plan system (Odyssey), and the POS system (Micros).
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) or Masters of Business Administration is preferred
- 5 years' business experience with proven expertise in accounting principles
- Familiarity with Food Services an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid understanding of key accounting principles, coupled with managing a large volume accounts payable department
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with an eye to consistently producing high-quality work and meeting deadlines in a demanding environment
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage activities for both self and others effectively
- Demonstrated leadership skills in supervising others with the ability to delegate work and provide team members with clear direction and support in meeting their objectives
- Ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with peers and external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to translate information into easily understood terms, summarize information, and provide a rationale for action
- Intermediate computer skills including spreadsheet design, work processing and database management
- Demonstrated ability to research/investigate issues and resolve problems
- Judgement, analytical and problem solving skills with a consultative and collaborative approach to addressing issues and opportunities
- Project management skills to align projects with strategic goals and operational objectives
- Demonstrated ability to identify deficiencies in financial controls and take appropriate corrective action
Interested applicants are asked to visit: https://recruit.uwo.ca to apply online to job reference #20884, by midnight on January 19, 2021.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.