Location: Woodstock, ON
Why Join Marwood?
Who We are:
- Marwood International Inc. is a full service, award-winning, Tier I and 2 automotive OEM structural components and modular assembly supplier, that focuses on waste elimination and light-weighting initiatives from prototypes to full volume products to end of life service parts throughout Canada, US and Japan.
- Marwood is also a well-established Canadian owned manufacturing company which have been in the industry for 30+ years!
- We are community oriented, and focused on health and wellness.
We are happy to have you join our team!
- Competitive Pay plus premiums
- GREAT benefits and Perks: dental, medical and vision coverage, as well as outstanding pension plan and more
- Also, company provided uniforms!
Apply today to speak with our recruiter!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Investigation/Problem Solving gather and present data to reach objective conclusions and solutions and oversee the Corrective Action process
- People Skills Professional, respectful and courteous in all forms of communication while enforcing discipline, conflict management, coaching and development of lean tools
- Decision Making - Use logical reasoning in day to day activities to meet expected KPI
- Professionalism Maintain distance in working relationships, use maturity and confidentiality when dealing with employee relations
- Experience/Knowledge Knowledge of industry, company, specific work area. Basic knowledge of OHSA, advanced knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Organization Administrative skills; create, follow and enforce rules, policies, schedules and all systems
- Personality/Attitude - Easily get along with others, display eagerness and team work, ability to give and receive constructive criticism. Display a true sense of urgency and passion for Lean Manufacturing
- Provide direction and support to Production Supervisor
- Assist in the planning and implementation of continuous improvement of procedures
- Identify training needs, provide training, implement training, and document this training (utilize "Team Support", MOS Review, formal training through Human Resources using the Skills Matrix)
- Observe and assist in the evaluation of employee performance to ensure compliance with standards
- Facilitate weekly meetings to discuss Safety, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Corrective Action and Lean Processes.
- Provide ongoing feedback and coaching
- Accurately complete and maintain all relevant and appropriate documents
- Develop high performance objectives for Supervisors; communicate measure and monitor individual objectives and coach team to drive performance improvements
- Understand training needs of team members and ensure training is provided and measure effectiveness
- Jointly establish with Plant Manager, measure and exceed the metrics and measures for operations performance.
- Lead Kaizen activities and encourage team members to participate, measure effectiveness and lessons learned.
- Establish consistent and clear communication via Team Meetings / Plant (Shift) Meetings to ensure all urgent matters are communicated to the Plant Manager and other departments as required.
- Possess good program management skills.
- Acts as Production Supervisor as required.
- Attend daily meetings as required.
- Assist in the development or revision of work practises though the TWI and Die Set.
- 5S and assist in Kaizen activities.
- Utilize Lean Principals to continually improve processes.
- Effectively champion plant Corrective Action process.
- Support the correction of non-conformances on check sheets.
- Ensure Performance Evaluations are completed accurately and on time
- Ensure Production Systems are adhered to ie Dispatch list, PRP, etc.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ensure LPA Schedules are met and audits are complete and accurate
- Support Team in completion of 5Y's/CARs closures
- Ensure proper use and implementation of Marwood Quality Systems
- All other relevant duties.
- Ensure all Health & Safety policies & procedures are followed.
- Assist in WSIB areas, administer First Aid and complete reports as required.
- Support completion of discipline and Health & Safety inspections.
- All other relevant duties.
- Good communication skills
- Continuous learning, willing to learn
- Effective team work oriented attitude
- Initiative and adaptability to change
- Strong work ethics and great attendance
- Honesty and integrity
- Safety conscious
- Excellent multitasking abilities
- Strong numerical abilities
- Superior interpersonal, relationship-building and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated passion and strong understanding of customer needs, service and experience
- Success driven vision with a "win win" resolution
- Analytical and 5-Why countermeasure thinking and implementation
- Familiar with Marwood Processes and procedures, Plex and computer skills
- Leadership skills
- Reputation as a highly effective team builder and leader to direct, coach and motivate team members
- Proven project and time management skills, analytical and problem solving skills and logistical thinking to achieve bottom line results
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Ethics and Integrity
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Providing Consultation
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Staff Management
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Grade 12, GED, or equivalent
- 2 years related experience
- Post-secondary education or equivalent certificate
Additional Technical and Professional Requirements:
- Computer efficiency skills in all required areas.
- Computer literacy - Moderate level of proficiency with standard email, spreadsheet and word-processing software (Outlook, Excel, Word); and Plex
We are committed to giving people with disabilities an equal opportunity to provide feedback, and access any information they may need. Please advise if you require accommodation.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Pre-employment screening will be required.
For more information, please visit our website: www.marwoodinternational.com