Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week: 35
Salary Grade: 13
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
Western Communications staff seek to enhance, promote and protect the reputation of the university.
The Graphic Designer, Interactive & Digital will be responsible for providing creative consultation and modern graphic design work on projects and initiatives for digital, social, web and print media. The role will produce designs that follow best practices and keep up with the latest styles and trends in graphic design, and will include projects such as advertisements, interactive digital and print materials, presentations, web graphics, social media graphics, etc. The Graphic Designer will have an overall goal of creating appealing and impactful designs that fit with the University's overall marketing and branding strategies.
- 3 year Community College Diploma in Graphic Design or Visual Arts
- University degree in design, media studies or a related discipline preferred
- 3 years experience in graphic, interactive and digital design
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge in the latest graphic design software including: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Figma.
- Extensive knowledge of effective graphic design in a variety of media (social media, web sites, print brochures, posters, magazine layouts, etc.)
- Strong ability and a high command of technical and artistic techniques
- Strong conceptual thinking with the ability to resolve technical and/or design issues
- Project management skills and a high comfort level with managing multiple projects at a given time
- Communication skills to clearly express ideas in an objective manner, write clearly, and adapt communication style to suit the situation and audience
- Ability to work in a manner that models best practices in confidentiality standards
- Client service skills with an ability to apply tact and diplomacy when dealing with sensitive issues and a range of personalities, motives and interests
- Detail-oriented with an ability to function and process information with high levels of accuracy
- Commitment to ongoing professional development with a desire to take on new challenges
- Ability to remain highly motivated, resilient, innovative, and collaborative when faced with challenges
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Influential interpersonal skills that build positive and strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Organizational skills to manage multiple assignments that are accurate and thorough, sometimes of a complex nature or involving competing priorities
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
Interested applicants are asked to visit https://recruit.uwo.ca
for further information and to apply online referencing job #32574 by midnight on September 30th 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.