Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 23,000 associates and $1.4 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Leisure & Entertainment is well established in world-class facilities, well-known cultural venues and prime public attractions. We operate fine restaurants in prestigious cultural venues such as the Royal Ontario Museum, the Art Gallery of Alberta, the Canadian Museum of Civilization, and concessions in sporting auditoriums and arenas. We also support seasonal outdoor venues and special events, such as professional golf and tennis tournaments and other major sporting events.
Great People... Real Opportunities!
Position: Sales & Marketing Manager
Location: Chatham, ON
· We are looking for, a dynamic, outgoing sales professional to join our team at the new Chatham-Kent Convention Centre as a Sales & Marketing Manager.
· With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, this role focuses on an active approach through outside sales to build a solid presence in the local and near-feeder markets to grow sales and expand the use of these brand new, modern facilities.
* Travel is required for this position.
· Build marketing plan and sales budget for facility with a 6 to 9 month to 1 year out planning and forecasting
· Work with management team, build sales packages (eg. day meetings etc)
· Cold-calling on local and near clients to promote facilities
· Prospect for new client opportunities and establish relationships with appropriate potential clients
· Follow up on RFPs and
· Understand client’s needs and propose appropriate catering functions
· Attend trade-sows and various events to represent the Convention Centre and promote awareness and new business
· Follow-up with clients after each catering event
· Maintain client database and social media outlets (Facebook/Twitter) and other administrative tasks as needed
· Great Attitude!
· Proven experience in upscale catering and/or hospitality related sales
· Ability to travel (must possess a valid driver’s license and have reliable access to a vehicle)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize tasks and responsibilities
· Meticulous attention to detail and presentation
· Strong computer proficiency (eg. MS Office suite, social media marketing)
· Capable of establishing contacts and credibility with prospective clients
· Computer literate with excellence written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships and work cooperatively with team members
· Able to work in a fast paced environment with changing work priorities
· Previous sales experience with large volume catering/conference facilities.
· General culinary knowledge
· Advanced Food Safe Certification
To apply click here: http://bit.ly/wAZWqs
For more great opportunities with Compass Group Canada visit, http://careers.compass-canada.com.
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.