This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Apr 16, 2021
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking a Game Web Developer to join our team. Do you have a passion for creating innovative and engaging web products? Do you day-dream about exciting ways to extend gaming experiences and communities to the web? Do you love building and extending websites and interactive experiences? Then this may be the job for you!
- Build innovative web products to extend our game experiences and communities online
- Follow the team lead’s architectural guidance and write quality code
- Participate in reviewing other team members’ code
- Constantly iterate on processes and tooling to reduce development and operational costs
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to deliver world-class, player-first web experiences
- Collaborate with game development and analytics teams to ensure excellent technical integrations
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- A team player with excellent communication and documentation skills and experience
- Experience with front-end and back-end web technologies, CMS, working with API layers, and open source technologies (NodeJS, Apache, Redis, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Ability to adapt visual designs and layouts into web UIs using frameworks and CSS (React, Vue, Bootstrap)
- Can optimize page and image load time/bandwidth, adapt pages to multiple devices (desktop, mobile)
- Familiarity with source control tools and management (Git, Perforce)
- Experience with web projects that complement or extend Software as a Service or Games as a Service products - e-commerce, community, publishing, etc.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- Familiarity with Adobe tools (Photoshop, XD)
- Comfortable with Linux command line operations
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and career support
- Fitness and parking/transit subsidies
- Daily lunches prepared onsite by our in-studio Executive Chef and professional kitchen staff
- All-day snacks and drinks, sleep pods, massage chairs, cold brew, dog therapy days and more
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://can59.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/digitalextremes/Site/DEAPPLY/Posting/View/57