If you’re a skilled millwright looking to grow your abilities in an in-demand industry, this is the role for you.
Ramsden Industries has been a leader in the aluminum casting industry since 1946, and we are seeking a Licensed Millwright to join our team. Along with your strong analytical personality, your patience, calmness, and conscientious attention to detail will help you succeed in this role.
We will look to you to perform a variety of maintenance activities on our production and supporting equipment within the facility. You will diagnose, troubleshoot, and provide mechanical/hydraulic/pneumatic/control system support on all equipment as required.
- London, ON (128 Oakland Ave.)
- Licensed (433A) Millwright required
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Competitive pay and benefits plan
- Full-time, permanent position, night shift
A successful candidate can provide on-call support as necessary, support on-site contractors, and who is conscientious in completing and documenting all assigned activities and work orders in a timely fashion.
What you’ll be doing
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent is required
- Completion of Tradesman and Qualification Act requirements
- Licensed by Ministry of Skills and Development (433A)
- Experience in the following areas; Shop tools, lathe, mills, grinders, drill presses, precision measurement instruments, power tools, controllers, PLCs, robots, and technical manuals/schematics/blueprints/drawings
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Strong electrical background would be an asset
Working at Ramsden Industries
This is a full-time, permanent position in our London location. Expected hours are Monday - Friday, night shift. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. We also provide all necessary safety equipment.
Ramsden Industries Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Ramsden Industries Ltd. provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
Only successful Candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Reading diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Assembling, disassembling, installing, repairing, and/or fabricating as needed to maintain machinery, equipment, spare parts, tooling, change-parts, or facility in accordance to appropriate technical standards and resources as needed
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting both mechanical and/or control problems and corrects as required in accordance to technical manuals/schematics/blueprints/SOPs/standard practices/experience/site resources/OEM resources as needed
- Completing system support work (fuse changes, contactor resets, temperature controller adjustments, calibrations, PLCs, etc.) as trained
- Completing documentation (work orders, PMs, calibration forms, validation documents, etc.)
- Executing assigned PMs and work orders as scheduled on time
- Supporting on-site contractors as necessary for PM or project activity
- Providing on-call support as scheduled
- Maintaining tools, toolboxes, and shop areas
- Performing other duties/projects as assigned
To apply please go to our application portal: https://apply.workable.com/ramsden-industries-ltd/j/68FEE73406/