||Sep 15, 2020
Reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator, this position is responsible for :
• Completing maintenance work as assigned
• Ensuring the safe and efficient operation of heating, ventilating, air conditioning, plumbing and electrical systems in all buildings at the College (i.e. HVAC, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, softeners, heaters, fire systems etc.)
• Working with outside contractors to ensure all building services are maintained and repaired,
• Performing preventative maintenance on all building mechanical equipment.
• Continuously checking all areas of the College for problems and will carry out HVAC electrical, plumbing, and general types of building repairs.
• Responding to emergency maintenance issues, which may involve overtime.
• A Journeyman Trade with preference being given to an HVAC technician with a 313A Refrigeration trade certification.
• G2 gas technician license is an asset
• Minimum of two years previous related experience dealing with a wide variety of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems.
• Strong ability to perform plumbing, electrical and HVAC repairs is essential
• solid troubleshooting skills, the ability to work with minimal supervision,
• outstanding interpersonal, communications and organizational skills,
• Flexibility to be able to respond to emergency maintenance calls.
• Ability to work overtime when required
TYPE OF JOB:
Permanent full-time, Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
As soon as possible
SSG 12 - $65,844.- $80,224. per annum, based on a 40-hour work week
Submit a letter of application, resume, and names of three references. Please quote the Job Reference # in your application. Interested persons may apply to: Human Resources, King’s University College, 266 Epworth Avenue, London, Ontario, N6A 2M3. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job candidates will be asked to provide a satisfactory vulnerable persons police clearance within 3 months of hire date.
Job description available upon request.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Monday September 21, 2020
The College is committed to advancing the Catholic intellectual tradition and welcomes faculty, staff and students from all faiths and backgrounds.
King’s University College is committed to Employment Equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities.
King’s University College is committed to recognizing the dignity and independence of all and seeks to ensure that persons with disabilities have genuine, open and unhindered access to the College’s employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 519-433-3491 for assistance.