We are looking for a Temporary Employee of Planning & Dispatch to join our dynamic team!
Our ideal candidate will provide relief for Dispatchers and Planners in the Workload Planning office that are off due to illness and vacation. The purpose of this role is to ensure that emergency services are maintained at all times.
If you have strong computer skills, experience in planning or dispatch, and have superb communication skills, apply today!
What You Will Do (Responsibilities):
- Provide relief for Dispatchers and Planners in the Workload Planning office due to illness and vacation.
- Must be available to work on short notice with no guarantee of hours.
- The incumbent will be required to fill in for various positions in the department including but not limited to dispatching and monitoring of utility services work for the current day and optimizing the productive time of resources.
- Responsible for the initial decision on response to local emergency situations based on type of emergency, available resources and required skills.
- Responsible for creating, committing and scheduling utility services work. Work will include written and/or verbal communications with customers.
Who You Are (Qualifications):
You will have the following combination of education and experience:
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education is beneficial.
- 2 – 3 years of related work experience. Planning & Dispatch experience is an asset.
- Strong, proven computer background (40 wpm).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, aptitude for numbers and demonstrated flexibility in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Approximately 24 hours per week or as needed based on operational requirements.
- Applications must be submitted via our online recruiting system only. To submit your application, please access the job posting directly by visiting the link here and click on the orange "apply" button.