This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jul 20, 2021
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Assistant Director, Finance. Reporting to the Interim CEO/Director, Healthy Organization (or Delegate), this position offers a unique opportunity as it will provide strategic oversight for the planning, direction, and administration of all financial aspects at MLHU, as well as operational engagement in budgeting, financial analytics, and associated reporting. It also provides support for related special projects for one of Canada’s leading independent health units.
The Assistant Director will provide both hands-on leadership and supervision to the Finance team and leadership to MLHU in developing related financial strategies, policies, new systems, and practices. Guided by the Ontario Public Health Standards for Public Health Programs and Services, the Assistant Director will also work within the various guidelines, policies and procedures defined by the Board of Health and current legislation.
- An undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or a related discipline.
- Successful achievement of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation in good standing (CPA-CMA, CPA-CA, or CPA-CGA).
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in finance or accounting.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in directly leading and managing a team of finance professionals.
- Sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and experience with public sector financial management.
- Demonstrated skill in budget planning using multiple approaches.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task along with strong written and oral communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple external stakeholder relationships.
The Health Unit offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package. Please see www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services. To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page at www.healthunit.com by August 2, 2021.
- A graduate degree and/or additional certifications is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Dynamics GP is a preferred asset.
- Management experience in a unionized and/or multi-funder environment.
- Proven experience in project management, change management, and risk management.
- The ability to communicate (oral and written) in any other language(s) would be considered an asset.