||Sep 18, 2020
||College Diploma (2 years)
Drake International is partnered with large Professional Service client who is actively looking to add an HR Manager to their team. This role is ideal for someone who is looking to take the next step in their career from HR Specialist to Manager or someone looking to join a large sought after company.
This role will require the successful candidate be responsible for assisting business leaders, managers & employees in navigating each stage of the employment life-cycle, from onboarding to performance & development, and termination/retirement. This includes coaching, counselling and the preparation or required documentation.
The successful candidate will maintain strong, positive and rewarding relationships with employees by proactively managing all aspects of employee relations. The successful candidate will lead and support business leaders, managers & employees through key annual processes such as performance reviews, development reviews/succession planning, pay review and workforce planning/budgeting.
As part of the broader HR team, actively participate in the design, development and implementation of new or revised programs and policies.
Day to day activities include but not limited to:
* Initiate the recruitment process for all staff positions including meeting with managers to identify requirements and prepare appropriate job posting
* Implement strategic and cost effective recruitment channels & methods
* Execute interviews and background checks as required
* Facilitate onboarding of new employees; conducting orientation, arrange for training, track probation periods, monitor performance progress.
* Partnered with the Director of HR gather necessary information for termination packages, including obtaining external legal advice where needed
* Ensure compliance with all existing government & labour legislation and reporting requirements.
* Administer personnel management, including staff salary increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions
* Keeps Director, Human Resources informed of operational and staff relation concerns. Makes recommendations for resolution.
* Handle employee complaints and incidents, including conflict resolution, accidents, health and safety concerns
* Provide coaching to employees on key workplace matters such as performance management, difficult conversations, employee relations, and employee development
* Certificate or Degree in Human Resources
* Minimum 7 years experience in HR Generalist / Specialist role
* Able to handle sensitive inquiries with tact and maintain confidentiality
* Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects
* Experience with coaching & development required
* Candidates who demonstrate experience within professional services considered an asset
Drake International continues to be a global leader in flexible and permanent staffing, naturally evolving to offer a dynamic suite of Talent Management Solutions. Our mission is to create opportunities for people and increase organization's bottom line, through maximizi ng the potential of human capital assets.
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of our Top Talent group. Should your CV meet the job requirements a member of our recruitment team will contact you. To ensure that you are notified of the new hot jobs we post every day on our website, join the Drake Talent Networks. It's free, simple and quick.
Salary: CA$70000 - CA$90000 per year
Application Contact Information