This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
|Location:||St Thomas, ON|
|Date Posted:||Jan 16, 2023|
|Education:||College Diploma (3 years)|
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Human Resources Consultant (HRC) is responsible to deliver a broad range of HR services. The HRC provides expertise, knowledge and consultation to leaders on all people-related matters. By applying knowledge and techniques in the areas of employee and labour relations, recruitment, attendance management, performance management, and organizational development, the HRC contributes significantly to the organization’s business objectives and culture. We are looking for a highly motivated, seasoned HR professional who is customer-focused with a continuous improvement mentality to join our fast-paced, results-oriented organization.
The successful candidate will work Monday – Friday (37.5 hours weekly) with a willingness to adjust their schedule to meet the needs of the organization.
- Provide HR consulting, advice, and planning services to the leadership team. Influence change by providing employee and labour relations support for operational planning and budgeting decisions
- Provide proactive HR planning and advice to inform client decision-making with respect to workforce planning and risk mitigation
- Coordinate the full cycle recruitment process (posting, screening, selection, and placement) in accordance with established organizational processes and the applicable Collective Agreement(s).
- Deliver subject matter expertise and guidance on matters involving workplace violence, workplace discrimination and harassment, return-to-work/modified work in collaboration with OHSW.
- Lead grievance processes within client groups, workplace investigations, and dispute resolution meetings including recommendations for employee discipline and terminations.
- Participate in labour management meetings, mediations, arbitrations and negotiations as required.
- Develop and implement HR policies, procedures, and programs in collaboration with the other HR team members.
- Develop and deliver education programs for client managers to provide guidance in HR matters.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Human Resources or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CHRL designation preferred
- Minimum five (5) years’ work experience in Human Resources. Preference will be given to those possessing healthcare experience
- Experience and extensive knowledge in all areas of HR practices with particular strengths in recruitment, workforce planning, performance management, labour relations, investigations and dispute resolution
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation including the Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act, AODA, and Collective Bargaining process
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality, discretion, tact and an exceptional level of professionalism.
- Lean Yellow Belt Certification preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to positively influence others and develop trusting internal and external relationships
- Advanced ability to establish rapport quickly and collaborate effectively
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Positive attitude, responsive, action and results-orientated
- Proficient technical skills including HRIS Systems, and Microsoft Office Programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety
Please visit the following website to learn more:
Successful candidates must provide evidence of a fully completed COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your first day of work. Any candidate entering the facility to attend an interview will be required to provide evidence of a fully completed COVID-19 vaccination status. To be considered fully immunized, individuals need to have received their second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days earlier than the date they are arriving to an interview or to begin work at STEGH.