This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jun 30, 2020
WIL Employment Connections has over 35 years of experience in driving innovative employment solutions to bring immigrants and employers together. The organization and its partnership projects, including Access Centre for Regulated Employment and Immploy, work together to breakdown barriers relating to job search readiness, professional network access, accurate labour market information, employer engagement and licensure hurdles to connect immigrants with meaningful, timely and commensurate employment across Southwestern Ontario. The successful candidates for the following new roles will strengthen our collective work as an organization in the shared goal and mission that all immigrants are successfully employed:
Job Posting: System Navigation Assistant (3 positions)
Reporting to the System Navigation Team Lead, System Navigation Assistants will work very closely in support of all WIL, Access Centre for Regulated Employment and Immploy services, teams, programs and projects to register, assign and refer job seekers to all services available that meet their needs across the organization. System Navigation Assistants will also provide timely administrative, client tracking, client navigation and reporting services for WIL, Access Centre for Regulated Employment and Immploy in support of the mission that all immigrants are successfully employed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Intake, Registration and Referral: Act as an integrated intake, registration and referral hub to strengthen and expedite timely referrals internally and externally by:
Follow-Up and Client Navigation: Champion clients in achieving their goals and connecting with services needed in a timely fashion by:
- Providing a welcoming, engaging, and respectful environment for clients;
- Greeting clients, understand their needs, and assign them to the correct services within WIL/Immploy/Access Centre for Regulated Employment;
- Assisting clients in the registration process and validate each registration;
- Registering clients accurately by entering their information in the intake database and asking questions to clarify information as needed;
- Connecting clients with appropriate internal and external referrals to continue the process of supporting in clients’ job search;
- Remaining up to date and knowledgeable of all services WIL provides and their related criteria so that you may determine eligibility of the client for other services;
- Opening up appropriate service windows within client case management tracker;
- Scheduling registered clients with appropriate staff using Outlook meeting requests and inform the client of the meeting date, time and online platform;
- Following up with clients on their requests for services to keep them updated on the process of their file;
- Actively participating in organization outreach efforts to build new client referrals; and
- Delivering presentations at information and referral and group counselling/intake sessions.
Data Queries & Reports: Provide staff with accurate data required for various duties in a timely and efficient manner, including:
- Tracking client progress from point of referral to outcome achievement across WIL/Immploy/Access Centre for Regulated Employment services;
- Actively communicating with all teams and projects surrounding opportunities to strengthen client navigation pathways and continuously improve organizational services;
- Following-up with client, teams and colleagues to assure that client is being effectively and efficiently supported throughout system;
- Generating and reviewing reports of client progress at monthly intervals after referral to track progress and action communications and follow up accordingly;
- Facilitating communications across teams and projects to support client along client service delivery system and model;
- Responding to client inquiries in person, over the phone and through email;
- Periodically following up with clients to assess job readiness; and
- Closing client files upon completion of services.
Administrative Support/Reception: As required provide support to staff of WIL/Immploy/Access Centre for Regulated Employment and front desk coverage (on 2nd and 4th floors) including:
- Assuring that all data fields on client registrations and follow up are complete and accurate;
- Creating, designing, testing and implementing standard and complex queries using MS Access and SQL;
- Communicating with managers, project managers and team leaders to determine data requirements for reports and extracting data as needed;
- Creating monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and ad hoc reports; and
- Developing spreadsheets when necessary to manipulate data.
- Day-to-day operations related to frontline communication/reception (each system navigation assistant will contribute approximately 12 hours per week to reception responsibilities while conducting other duties of the position);
- Operation of phone switchboard and reception services;
- Support to clients, including but not limited to answering questions, providing information, referrals and administrative support;
- Assisting other team members with administrative and clerical duties as required;
- Attending meeting and recording minutes as requested;
- Maintaining all company and client information in strict confidence and retaining files according to accepted professional practices; and
- Conducting business in a professional manner and projecting a positive, appropriate and professional image of the organization.
Please forward applications no later than 4:00pm on Monday, July 13, 2020 to:
- Post secondary education;
- 2-3 years of experience in providing excellent customer service in person, over the phone and through email;
- A change oriented mindset with a passion for continuous improvement and commitment to excellence;
- Highly developed understanding of database systems, and proficient with data entry;
- Proficiency in database report writing, queries and exports;
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Access);
- Technical knowledge or experience with customized database; SQL Server experience an asset;
- Analytical problem solving and time-management skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, priorities and meet deadlines;
- Ability to communicate effectively in technical, business and community environments;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work well within a team environment as well as independently;
- Organized and process oriented;
- Good time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines with frequent interruptions;
- Respect for client confidentiality;
- Experience operating a multi-line switchboard and excellent customer service skills to handle both telephone and face to face inquiries;
- Superior oral and written communication skills; and
- Vulnerable police check is required.
Hiring Committee / System Navigation Assistant
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, Ontario N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to email@example.com. Please reference Hiring Committee/System Navigation Assistant in Subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
Please note that during our physical office closure due to Covid-19, all organizational staff are working remotely through video conferencing, remote desktop and VOIP phone systems. During this time, all interviews will be conducted through video conferencing platforms. The health and safety of all current and future WIL employees is of critical importance to the organization. A future return to the workplace will be staged, measured and receptive to accommodation needs.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about WIL Employment Connections, Immploy and Access Centre for Regulated Employment, please visit our websites at www.WIL.ca, www.immploy.ca and www.accesscentre.ca.