This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 22, 2020
The Health and Safety Specialist manages and coordinates all health and safety programs, processes and activities in order to maintain a compliant and safe work environment. In addition, the Coordinator will deliver training on policies, procedures and regulations and exhibit the necessary leadership to enforce all established safety regulations and safe work practices.
- Responsible for the effectiveness of the Health and Safety program for the site;
- Is the workplace Management Representative for the MOL
- Administers Workers Compensation claims and reports;
- Oversee administration of WSIB program. Manages early and safe return to work program, claims management and modified duties program for injured employees;
- Identifies Safety training needs, deliver / facilitate various skill building programs to employees and managers to reach objectives;
- Actively participates in monthly inspections, safety talks;
- Creates and reviews policies and procedures and implement changes;
- Conduct risk assessments to ensure compliance with corporate policies;
- Facilitate root cause analysis and action plan development for all recordable incidents (Kaizen/Deming)
- Track the progress of action plans and provide updates to management team;
- Ensure required training is assigned and completed by employees;
- Review contractor safety guidelines and practices to ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory policies;
- Organize plant Safety Committee, review committee audits and findings, and implement recommendations as applicable (Responsible for meeting the legislative requirements for record keeping, minutes and reports);
- Build the site safety culture and promote a safe working environment;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or related field of study.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an occupational health and safety role.
- Excellent knowledge of governing occupational health and safety applicable federal, provincial and municipal regulations.
- Experience with WSIB claims and return-to-work plans.
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, report writing).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to drive projects to completion.
Application Contact Information