Millwright - Night Shift
- London, ON (128 Oakland Ave.)
- Licensed (433A) Millwright required
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Full-time, permanent position
- $39.23/hr, plus $1/hr night shift premium
If you’re a skilled millwright looking to grow your abilities in an in-demand industry, this is the role for you.
Ramsden Industries has been a leader in the aluminum casting industry since 1946, and we are seeking a Licensed Millwright to join our team. Along with your strong analytical personality, your patience, calmness, and conscientious attention to detail will help you succeed in this role.
The Millwright will be responsible for performing reactive, assigned and preventative maintenance on all production and supporting equipment within the facility. The candidate will diagnose, troubleshoot and provide mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, control system support on all equipment.
They will support the needs of the business operations by providing support to move organizational and service priorities forward. This role requires a detail-oriented, organized professional who is a team player and has a strong sense of follow through. We are looking for an energetic hands-on professional with a focus on continuous improvement.
What you’ll be doing
- Assembles, disassembles, installs, repairs, and/or fabricates as needed to maintain machinery, equipment, spare parts, tooling, change-parts, or facility in accordance to technical manuals/schematics/blueprints/SOPs/standard practices/experience/site resources/OEM resources as needed
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots both mechanical and/or control problems and corrects as required in accordance to technical manuals/schematics/blueprints/SOPs/standard practices/experience/site resources/OEM resources as needed
- Follow all safety procedures and protocols regarding for example, WHMIS, rigging/hoisting, electrical safety
- Completes system support work (fuse changes, contactor resets, temperature controller adjustments, calibrations, PLCs, etc.) as trained
- Completes documentation (work orders, PMs, calibration forms, validation documents, etc.)
- Executes assigned PMs and work orders as scheduled on time
- Supports on-site contractors as necessary for PM or project activity
- Provides on-call support as scheduled
- Maintains tools, toolboxes, and shop areas
- Performs other duties/projects as assigned
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent is required
- Completion of Tradesman and Qualification Act requirements
- Previous millwright experience preferred
- Licensed by Ministry of Skills and Development (433A)
- Experience in the following; Shop tools, lathe, mills, grinders, drill presses, precision measurement instruments, power tools, technical manuals/schematics/blueprints, controllers, PLC’s, and engineering drawings, hydraulics, pneumatics etc.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Strong electrical background would be an asset
Working at Ramsden Industries
This is a full-time, permanent position in our London location. Expected hours are Sunday night - Friday morning. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. We also provide all necessary safety equipment.
Ramsden Industries Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Ramsden Industries Ltd. provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.