Community Engagement Specialist
The Community Engagement Specialist plays a very important role in Big Blue Bubble’s social presence. This role will evangelize Big Blue Bubble’s people, culture and brand internally and externally by publishing meaningful content and engaging with our followers as well as being the voice of our players internally by adhering and analyzing feedback from player communities and social media channels. This role reports to the Marketing Director and works closely with Producers and Marketing Specialists for their assigned title(s).
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Continuing to build our MSM player community across multiple channels and platforms
- Establishing new player communities on core platforms for new products
- Be the voice of our players internally; gathering and analyzing user feedback from the communities and social media channels in order to deliver concise, actionable feedback to the game team
- Compassionately communicating with players directly on social media as well as replying to reviews
- Communicating bug fixes and user experience improvements internally to the game team; representing community needs to producers, game designers and QA
- Liaising with the company’s customer support team to keep a pulse on any developing issues
- Being the community expert for the game internally; staying on top of social trends, competitor pages and policies which may impact existing campaigns and community management processes
- Creating innovative campaigns that drive engagement and growth
- Planning and writing social media copy for a variety of social media platforms
- Defining and reporting on established KPIs which demonstrate success and ROI of community programs and content
- Delivering reports to key stakeholders within the organization on a weekly basis, or based on the needs of the product team
- Creating post mortem/learning summaries on notable community initiatives to be shared with the team on a regular basis
- Ad hoc projects and assistance as required
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Communication, Business, or an equivalent formation/experience
- 1-2 years of experience in marketing or community management, preferably in the video game industry
- Experience managing online communities and developing community engagement programs leading to proven growth of the community
- Ability to remain positive and objective when dealing with the emotions of users
- Thorough attention to detail
- Exceptional writing skills including messaging, content marketing, and storytelling
- Experience managing social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Discord and tools such as Hootsuite, Google Analytics
You also have the following attributes and skills:
- Expertise in primary social networks and an understanding of how to optimize content for them
- Understanding of community channels such as Discord, Reddit, forums, and more
- Familiarity with image and video editing software a plus
- Familiarity with live streaming software
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of video games
We know the above list is a lot. You don’t have to fill every single point. We each bring our own respective strengths to the table. Let us know which of the above is you and get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.