VSI is looking for an intermediate level developer with the right combination of programming skills and experience. The developer will assist with research, develop applications, maintain existing systems and troubleshoot support issues. The developer will also work closely with senior staff to keep informed of company priorities, schedule and development best practices. Good communication and collaboration with other developers during development tasks is also a key requirement.
The software developer should be fundamentally sound in .Net object oriented programing, ASP.Net and competent to work on general application programming activities. Your work assignments will be well defined and you will be required to use your knowledge to choose the best techniques to meet your objectives. You will work closely with senior development staff and project managers gaining exposure to all phases of the software development life cycle.
You must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with excellent interpersonal communication skills. You must be able to reprioritize and shift gears as necessary to deliver critical functionality in time to meet our customers’ needs while ensuring quality control.
- Think creatively to produce solutions and features utilizing various technologies and best practices
- Willingness and desire to learn and apply new technology
- Complete assigned tasks as directed in a timely manner using proper object oriented coding practices and standards
- Test code for proper functionality
- Follow the established standards, patterns and process.
- Not afraid to seek guidance when needed to make good decisions
- Participate in team planning activities (Agile scrums)
- Visual Studio 2017\2019, .NET Framework 4.5 and .Net Core
- C#, VB, LINQ to objects, Entity Framework
- ASP.NET Web Forms, MVC, Web API
- HTML4/5, CSS, XML
- MS SQL Server
- Windows Azure
- Telerik ASP.Net AJAX Control suite
Additional Technical Skills:
- College Software Development Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Solid, diverse work experience in application development
- Sound object oriented programming skills using C#\VB with the .NET Framework
- Experience with web-based technologies such as ASP.NET (MVC is a plus)
- Experience working with relational databases such as SQL Server/T-SQL
- Past experience working with the latest versions of Microsoft technologies, unit testing frameworks, and web services is a plus
VSI is currently developing a product that utilizes very modern technologies in conjunction with the latest Microsoft development stack. Although not an absolute requirement it would be beneficial if candidates have some knowledge, interest in learning and\or experience with the following technologies:
- Azure Services
- .Net Core (WebAPI, REST)
- DevOps (Azure Continuous Deployment and Continuous Integration)
- NoSQL Databases (MongoDB)
- Graph Databases (TinkerPop, OrientDB, Gremlin)
- ASP.Net Blazor
Job Offline: This posting is currently not accepting applications.