This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
|Nov 01, 2023
St. Thomas, Ontario (Talbotville rural location)
At Ontario Plants Propagation Limited, our vision is to be Eastern North America’s premier supplier of greenhouse vegetable transplants. In order to help us accomplish this goal, we need to hire motivated passionate people that will support our workforce and facilities.
- Use approved techniques to graft tops of one seedling to the bottom of another seedling
- Paid training will be provided
- Variable shift times depending on seasonal demand
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Physical Location/Working Conditions:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Good hand eye coordination and fine motor skills
- Strong work ethic
- Must have reliable transportation
- Flexible availability – able to work with short notice and work weekends when required
- Winter months are considered peak season, must be available to work November through January
- No education or experience required – We provide training
- Students are welcomed to apply, must be available weekends and holidays
- Greenhouse environment in rural area, own transportation required
- Hours may fluctuate according to business needs
- Air-conditioned work environment
- Casual work year round
How to apply:
Submit your resume:
Mail: 38024 John Wise Line, St. Thomas, Ontario N5P 3T2
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Subject title: Grafting Labourer
Fax: 519 637 2449
Ontario Plants Propagation Ltd provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 519-637-2119. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those meeting the requirements will be considered.
Ontario Plants Propagation Ltd has a mandatory vaccination policy to safeguard the health and safety of our employees and to minimize the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace. All employees must be vaccinated against the virus that causes COVID-19 or provide documentation for a medical exemption or other protected ground under applicable human rights legislation.
- $16.55/hr plus daily productivity bonus available to all employees (Top employees +$9.00/hr, average +$3.15/hr)