This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||May 17, 2023
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking a Senior Digital Artist to create unique, high-end, high-impact art to promote our upcoming internal and external projects. This Individual prides themselves on thinking creatively, having a keen attention to detail and knowledge of 3D rendering, character posing, lighting, composition and color theory. They are passionate about video games, and can tell a story through digital art pieces that interest and excite players.
Applicants must submit a portfolio of work showcasing a range of skills and proficiency related to this posting.
- Create compelling marketing artwork with exceptional design and layout.
- Translate creative briefs from the marketing team into effective and captivating promotional artwork.
- Create rough concepts, mood boards, and gather reference material to gain alignment on artwork from all stakeholders before beginning full production.
- Adaptability to utilize the Unreal Engine, our internal Evolution Engine, and Maya to create digital art to satisfy the needs of both our internal and external projects.
- Compose, retouch, and add post processing to assets where necessary without compromising the integrity of the piece, or betraying our core truth-in-advertising principles.
- Draw upon experience and instinct to creatively solve problems as they arise in the asset production pipeline, while still achieving the goals, established deadlines, and objectives of promotional artwork set out in creative briefs.
- Actively participate in the feedback loop; accepting feedback from, and providing feedback within the marketing team.
- Possess the ability to multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands, and the organizational skills to document and take action on feedback discussed throughout the revision process.
- 5+ Years of relevant experience
- A team player with excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new techniques and best practices.
- Experience achieving strategic objectives/creative strategy within digital assets
- Mastery with principles of design and colour theory, typography, lighting, and composition.
- Proficient in 3D rendering software and techniques (Ex. KeyShot, Maya) and 2D digital software (Ex. Adobe Photoshop)
- Proficiency with industry standard game engines (specifically the Unreal Engine)
- Adapt the vision and scope of projects to deadlines while maintaining quality end results.
- Have a genuine enthusiasm and interest in video games.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.
- Experience with digital painting is a plus
- Familiarity with social media content creation and organizing source files for easier repurposing of digital and print assets is also a plus
For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://can63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/digitalextremes/Site/DEAPPLY/Posting/View/169