Drake International is seeking a skilled construction purchaser / estimator to join our clients site. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to advance their career.
Our client offers a one of a kind work environment where you will learn from some of the industries top minds. They offer a strong compensation package, fantastic work enviroment and room for advancement. This is a hybrid role and perfect for anyone who has 5+ years experience in Purchasing and/or Estimating within the Construction industry.
Day to day duites would include:
- Review of drawing sets, floor plans, specifications, floor finish schedules for all scopes of work
- Provide accurate estimating and final figures supplemented by adjustments for overheads and profit
- Making sure all addendums are reviewed that affect the price before project closes.
- Accurate and timely letters indicating inclusions, exclusions and any other special conditions.
- Assists the project managers in the initial sequencing of construction activities including all costs breakdown of labour, material and profits
- Manage the buyout of projects and selection of subcontractors and major suppliers and issue Contracts and Purchase Orders
- Ensures sales order, purchase order, and or service/work order documentation are accurate, legible, and complete
- Executes the purchase order process according to established processes and by utilizing financial information management system (i.e. Oracle)
- Acts as a first level of contact for supplier inquiries
- Prepares, sends and files purchase orders
- Reviews contracts for pricing and enters accurate pricing information into the purchase orders
- Reviews purchase order values to contract pricing values to ensure accuracy
- Codes purchase order lines
- Collaborate with other depts to obtain material quotes and delivery schedule
- Keep current all project files / documents / records
- Assist in the preparation of bid documents including rate and unit cost determination
- Develop clear written proposals and correspondence
- Develop positive working relationships with General Contractor Estimators
- Proactively utilizes client contact time for business development and lead generation
- Accumulates, evaluates, and documents historical cost data and construction procedures and methods
- Communicate to operations details of project at time of award
- May need to attend site visits
- Collaboration – ability to collaborate with team members within department during the bid process
- Customer focused and ability to foster relationships with key clients
- Ability to juggle and prioritize 30-50 projects at any given time
- Commitment to Excellence - Identifies what needs to be accomplished and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations
- Corporate Values - Understands, embraces, and integrates corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities
- Safety and Security - Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers
- Teamwork - Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains
- 5+ years experience in Estimating and/or Purchasing within the Construction Industry
- Certificate in Engineering Technology, Project Management or Post-Secondary in a related field
- Organized and self-motivated
- Excellent communication and computer skills
Interested candidates, please submit your resume for consideration. While we appreciate all applications, only those who meet the specific requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Drake International continues to be a global leader in flexible and permanent staffing, naturally evolving to offer a dynamic suite of Talent Management Solutions. Our mission is to create opportunities for people and increase organization's bottom line, through maximizing the potential of human capital assets.
Thank you for your interest to be a part of our Top Talent group. To ensure that you get notified of the new hot jobs we post every day on our website, join the Drake Talent Networks. It's free, simple and quick.
Thank you for applying!