Chair, School of Tourism and Hospitality (THS 201700008)
Faculty of Business
Type of Position:
January 27, 2017
This is a full-time Administrative position (37.5 hours per week).
The Chair, School of Tourism and Hospitality, provides broad academic leadership to the diverse programs within the School of Tourism and Hospitality. Ensures the objectives of the programs are attained through effective supervision of teaching and learning processes. Facilitates the on-going review of existing programs and the development of new programs to reflect market changes and the employment needs of industry in alignment with the College's strategic plan. Conducts investigations of complaints from students and staff, and initiates the problem solving process. Establishes positive relationships with industry and business representatives and participates in College's student recruitment and job placement initiatives.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
- Master's degree in a related field (e.g. Business, Tourism and Hospitality, Adult Education or Educational Administration)
- Minimum 9 years’ related progressive work/administrative experience
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level along with extensive knowledge in curriculum design and development, program planning and budget management
- Ensure quality control processes and quality management measures are employed
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and foster a collegial, collaborative environment and a demonstrated ability to work with the Tourism and Hospitality sector
- Effective leadership and team building skills
- Learner-centred approach to the teaching and learning process
- Ability to establish alliances with the related occupational community
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.