||Sep 15, 2023
Join the YMCA Child Care Team!
Be the Spark! Join our professional and passionate team of early childhood educators and be the spark that ignites the potential in others. YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is one of the largest not-for-profit providers of licensed child care in Canada and we have been making a positive difference in the communities we serve by providing quality childcare for over 50 years!
At the Y, we are committed to providing you with opportunities to develop your knowledge, skills, and career while you enhance the experience of the children and families that we serve.
Position: Early Childhood Educators
Licensed Child Care, Multiple Locations - St Thomas
Start Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Starting rates are dependent on region, qualifications, and contract.
• Members of the College of Early Childhood Educators, Ontario - up to $22.00 per hour (includes government wage enhancements)
• Non-Members - up to $18.00 per hour (includes government wage enhancements)
As part of your total compensation:
• Receive a complimentary YMCA personal membership to our Health & Fitness facilities, and discounts on YMCA child care and camp programs
• Access vacation entitlement in accordance with the employment standards regulations, and up to 12 paid personal days annually
• Benefits package and Pension, applicable with position/contract length
• Be part of a caring and supportive network of people to help each other succeed
• Complimentary access to wellness and counselling services
• Contribute to real, meaningful impact in the lives of children and youth
• 7.5 hour workday, Monday through Friday, 37.5 hour work week
• Required to rotate shifts that cover the full hours of operation of the centre
In this role, you will:
• Plan and deliver a consistent child-centered program, in accordance with our YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum (0-6 year olds)
• Provide quality compassionate care and support to children and their familie
• Ensure supervision and safety of children at all times; Understand and comply with provincial (CCEYA), municipal and YMCA policies and procedures
• Be committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a sense of belonging
• Embrace and exemplify the Y’s core values
Education & Skills Qualifications:
• An Early Childhood Educator Diploma, or diploma or degree in a related field of study
• Registered (or proof that registration is in process) and in good standing in the College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE)
• Graduates in a related field of study must be members of their associations as required
• Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certification or include the date of training scheduled within the next three months. Training cost and time is at the expense of the applicant and not reimbursed
• Applicants are required to be a minimum of 18 years of age or older to obtain a current Vulnerable Criminal Reference Check (less than 6 months old)
• Up-to-date immunizations required by Public Health, Ministry of Education and YMCASWO
• Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort: lifting to 20 kg (44 lbs.), bending, and stooping
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
Why the Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities and welcomes people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities. We are committed to helping our employees reach their full potential and are recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s Top Employers. We offer meaningful employment and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and families.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Application Contact Information