This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jun 24, 2022
||College Diploma (2 years)
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Volunteer Relations Coordinator coordinates, maintains and stewards volunteer relations both externally and internally, providing leadership in the management of volunteers throughout MSL Branches, through a comprehensive volunteer relations program.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Recruitment, screening, selection, training, scheduling and evaluation of MSL volunteers.
- Scheduling of Store volunteers, ensuring proper coverage is attained and maintained.
- Responsible for volunteer recognition programs
- Responsible for coffee program
- Promote opportunities of volunteering to the public through website and public appearances, as appropriate.
- Regularly consults Branch staff to assess volunteer needs and develop appropriate volunteer positions for each volunteer role. Update existing descriptions as needed.
- Provide basic orientation and on-going support to all volunteers.
- Act as a primary staff resource for volunteers, coordinating activities, troubleshooting any issues and/or challenges.
- Coordinate Branch Tours for new employees, volunteers and outside groups.
- Chair and/or Member of the Events Committee and help organize staff events throughout the year in conjunction with the Director of HR and Executive Director.
- Develop and maintain relationship with Western University, Fanshawe College and local agencies for student placement and employment placement opportunities.
- Conduct student placement orientation and maintain the Student Placement Handbook
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and/or as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to motive, train and monitor the performance of a team of volunteers.
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and informative manner with people from a wide variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds and lifestyles.
Interested applicants must submit their cover letter indicating why they feel they are the best suited candidate for the position along with resume to
Director of Human Resources - Mission Services of London