COME WORK WITH US!
Heritage Coffee Co. Ltd. (www.heritage-coffee.com) was founded in 1980 as a family-owned, private label coffee roasting, packaging, and distribution company.
As a local family-owned business, Heritage Coffee prides itself on sharing a common vision to work together to provide our valued customers with the highest quality coffee and excellent customer service. We support each other by contributing to a safe and healthy work environment and take our core values of Dedication, Collaboration, Trust and Excellence very seriously. It is essential that each member of our team be a positive contributor to our work culture.
We are currently looking for a General Accountant to join our team. This role will report to the Financial Controller as a member of the finance team and is responsible for providing a full range of accounting/bookkeeping and other administrative functions to support the business.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Conduct bookkeeping, accounting, and clerical/administrative functions.
- Reconciling bank and credit card statements on a regular basis.
- Assisting Financial Controller in managing the full-cycle accounting function of the business, reconciling various balance sheet accounts including accounts payable clearing, HST payable/receivable, working closely with finance team to meet deadlines and business needs.
- Apply deposits to customer accounts, manage customer accounts and follow up with customers on overdue accounts receivable.
- Preparing month-end and year-end working papers to support balance sheet accounts. Posting monthly adjusting journal entries, accruals, fixed asset subledger management, general accounting.
- Assisting with maintaining accuracy of inventories and bill of materials management.
- Assisting with inventory counts as required – packaging, ingredients, resale products, warehouse supplies, etc. making sure that any major inventory discrepancies are adjusted timely by appropriate persons.
- Providing other general office administration support, including assisting purchasing department with some purchasing functions.
- Assisting Financial Controller in preparing annual budget/forecast.
- Completion of a College Diploma or University Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Min 2 years’ experience in accounting/bookkeeping roles, with experience in manufacturing an asset.
- High proficiency in Excel, Word, and accounting software (SAGE 300 experience an asset)
- Superior communication skills
- Strong decision making and judgment
- Strong business acumen and attention to detail
- Leadership skills to support and assist co-workers, works collaboratively with the finance team
- Positive can-do attitude. Takes ownership in resolving issues, is self-motivated with minimal supervision.
- Excellent planning, organization, and execution skills
- Meets deadlines; willing to work additional hours as needed during peak periods
- High level of integrity and accountability, respects confidentiality
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Health, Dental, Health Care Spending Account, Life Insurance, AD&D)
- Group Retirement Savings – RRSP Company Matching Program
- Monthly employee free coffee, hot chocolate, and cappuccino allowance
- Opportunities for professional and personal development & growth
We are committed to employment equity, welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If you have a disability that requires accommodation to assist you with any aspect of the hiring process, please let us know. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, attention Human Resources.