InsideScientific is looking for an Event Coordinator that will take a lead in the management and hosting of online webinars.
The Event Coordinator will be the project leader for all aspects related to webinar planning, marketing, hosting, recording and delivery of post-event collateral. The ideal candidate brings an enthusiastic, outgoing attitude to this career role. You have great attention to detail and are customer-service minded. While you are a team-player, you excel at working independently and take initiative to get the job done.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Communicating with the client and presenters, ensuring each member is keeping on track, meeting key deadlines for presentation content and marketing material
- Conducting technical-checks with speakers and team members to ensure they are comfortable using our webinar hosting software tools and presentation software (typically MS PowerPoint)
- Creating an internal marketing plan, involving email and social media strategy, to drive successful event registration and attendance.
- Working with the InsideScientific team to provide presentation consultancy, focused on optimized content delivery and webinar best-practices
- Conducting webinar practice sessions
- Hosting and moderating the live webinar, including a Question and Answer session with panelists
- Assisting in the preparation of event related marketing materials
- Preparing webinar debrief package and reviewing results with the client following their live webinar
- Post-secondary education (college or university diploma/degree)
- Suitable transportation to attend training and team meetings in London, ON
- High-speed internet access at home office
- Laptop or PC computer (current operating systems and performance specifications)
Experience & Skill Set:
- Exceptional organization and multi-tasking skills, with a desire to work in an independent, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and comfortable speaking in front of small and large groups both online or in person
- Strong copywriting and copyediting skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products (Word and Excel), and a strong background using Microsoft PowerPoint presentation software
- Experience with email marketing programs, such as Constant Contact or MailChimp
- Experience with webinar hosting software, such as GoToWebinar, Citrix WebEx, Adobe Connect and others.
- Background in the sciences and research technology sectors is a strong asset
Annual Compensation and Benefits:
- $38,000 - $46,000 per year, depending on experience and annual performance
- 3 weeks vacation per year
- work from home office
- compensation for home internet plan
To apply for this position, please complete our mandatory online application form. Following, please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com. Use subject line “Event Coordinator”.
We thank everyone in advance for their submission — only select candidates will receive follow up from InsideScientific to continue their application process. Application deadline is June 30th, 2017. Inteviews for this position will begin in July.