||May 12, 2022
In collaboration with the Advanced Medical Group (AMG), Prime Management Group Inc. is pleased to be accepting applications for the role of Surgical Nurse-Manager at this well- established private health care facility.
Advanced Medical Group (AMG) is a state-of-the-art medical facility located in London, Ontario.
As a caring and collaborative environment, AMG offers a wide range of health and wellness programs, primary care, and specialty clinics to patients in London and the surrounding areas.
In 2016, the AMG facility was designed and constructed by the Statesman Group to provide exceptional healthcare within a one-stop facility. Skilled staff provided the advantage of an organized day for Primary Care Doctors, Specialists, Surgeons, and Allied Health Practitioners to effectively navigate the needs of each patient.
The first two floors of the AMG building are dedicated to caring for the entire family. Here, you will find health care providers and services, such as a range of general practitioners and specialists and a walk-in clinic, pharmacy, laboratory, and surgical operatory. Likewise, we firmly believe that healthy lifestyle coaching is crucial to your wellness, so we include these businesses on the family floors. The third & fourth floors are a senior’s supportive residence providing quality, independent, and assisted living and memory care.
Even the AMG building is unique in that it uses geothermal energy for a cleaner and healthier source of heating and cooling, making them the first of its kind in North America.
Working in partnership with Prime Management Group Inc., Advanced Medical Group (AMG), located in London, Ontario, is actively recruiting an influential and highly collaborative Surgical Nurse-Manager to join their well-established, forward-thinking organization.
The Surgical Nurse-Manager will be a progressive, skilled surgical nurse with exceptional organizational skills, growing and operating the business with the highest integrity for this well- respected private health organization.
Due to the ever-rising demand for surgical procedures in Ontario, this experienced, collaborative healthcare leader will further advance the business while providing an excellent patient experience that will impact the community at large. In addition, this business-minded and strategic leader will be responsible for managing the operations and administration of the second state-of-the-art operating room.
Reporting to a Visionary CEO, the Surgical Nurse Manager will:
- Provide innovative and positive leadership using well-honed communication and relationship-building skills to enhance the patient experience.
- Work collaboratively with anesthetists and surgeons to provide patients with the best possible health outcomes pre and post-surgery.
- Evaluate opportunities to provide additional allied health services within AMG for healthier patient outcomes.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with a wide range of healthcare professionals Network within the healthcare community to further procure new surgeons so they know the advantages at Advance Surgical Operatory.
- Manage staff associates professionally, working in conjunction with the accounting team to comply with current Ontario Labour mandates.
- Utilize best practices to procure material and supplies to ensure the operating room is well equipped for all surgical procedures.
- Support effective work planning, scheduling, resource allocation, staff mentoring/coaching, monitoring working conditions, and human resources administration. Be available to “scrub in” to the surgical suite when required.
- Develop strategies to improve clinical processes, optimize timeliness of care, and operating room efficiencies by utilizing excellent staff management skills.
As the Surgical Nurse-Manager, you will have:
- Registered Nurse (RN) Diploma and are in good standing with Ontario Nurses Association (ONA). An undergraduate degree (BNSc) in Nursing is reviewed as an asset.
- Minimum of three years working in the Operating room in a clinical position. Two years of Leadership training and experience are seen as an asset.
- A passion for making an impact with the patient population and working in a team environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply population-based care principles.
- Sound clinical and professional judgment and strong interpersonal and social skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-directed, flexible, and displays initiative in the work setting. Strong history of providing very effective and responsive consultation.
How to Apply
On behalf of Advanced Medical Group (AMG), Prime Management Group Inc. will be accepting all resumes and cover letters in confidence from interested candidates.
To express your interest in this opportunity, apply here.
Requests for additional information on the role and/or confidential suggestions or nominations may also be submitted. Please contact Colleen Young at 519-672-7710 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Kimberley Chesney at 519-672-7710 or email@example.com