This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jan 07, 2021
||Masters or PhD
Under the direction of the Vice-Principal and Academic Dean, the incumbent works closely with faculty to identify the
needs of a given program or course and propose solutions that synthesize current learning theory, sound teaching practices and available technologies. They will provide expertise and direction regarding virtual course design and development, including decisions identifying learning objectives that align with undergraduate degree level expectations, content arrangement, sequencing of lessons, use of assessments and selection of learning activities that are aligned with Academic Dean’s Office requirements and educational technologies. This position consults, trains, and serves as a resource person to faculty in the design, development, evaluation, and revision of courses using the University’s learning management system.
The Instructional Designer will:
The successful candidate will have:
- Provide educational leadership for faculty and staff engaged in online course design and instruction
- Supervise projects and the completion of new course development, working collaboratively with faculty to produce the student learning experience in accordance with best practices in online pedagogy and virtual learning, include accessibility design.
- Ensure course content and learning outcomes reflect undergraduate degree level expectations at King’s.
- Support the development of instructional media.
- Have the ability to produce high quality, highly detailed written documentation that can be easily followed by educational technologists, ITS staff and faculty.
- Develop and direct course content development, using appropriate project management and workflow processes.
- Provide guidance on compliance with privacy, accessibility, copyright and information security standards and legislation.
- Explore new emerging technologies and digital learning pedagogies to enhance teaching, research, and scholarly activities in areas of humanities and social sciences.
- Attend and participate in professional meetings and conferences to showcase expertise and innovation in online pedagogy.
TYPE OF JOB:
Contract Full Time 12 months– 35 hours per week
PSG 14 $69,284-$86,753
Submit a letter of application, resume, and names of three references. Please quote the Job Reference # 202012-04C in your application. Interested persons may apply to: Human Resources, King’s University College, 266 Epworth Avenue, London, Ontario, N6A 2M3. email@example.com.
Job description available upon request.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
January 15, 2021
The College is committed to advancing the Catholic intellectual tradition and welcomes faculty, staff and students from all faiths and backgrounds.
King’s University College is committed to Employment Equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities.
King’s University College is committed to recognizing the dignity and independence of all and seeks to ensure that persons with disabilities have genuine, open and unhindered access to the College’s employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-433-3491 for assistance.
- A Master’s degree in Liberal Arts.
- Doctorate is preferred.
- Advanced understanding of undergraduate and graduate degree level expectations.
- Demonstrated use of development tools for creating interactive/ eLearning content including integration of multi-media content and dynamic assessment strategies.
- A minimum at least 5 years of progressively more responsible appointments in academia is required.
- Exceptional interpersonal and consultation skills with a high level of adaptability in dealing effectively and positively with diverse team members, including instructors.
- Demonstrated experience using organizational skills to take a project from an initial idea through to delivery while working under pressure and with minimal supervision.