Desired Skills and Experience
- Manage the accounting operations including the review of journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting.
- Back-up/coverage for accounts payable and payroll.
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Provide advice and guidance on all accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, analysis, and reporting
- Set the priorities within accounting group
- Coordinate the year-end audit and preparation of audited financial statements
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements and external reporting to financial institutions, ensuring that all reporting requirements are met
- Complete required monthly government remittances as required (EHT, WSIB, HST etc.).
- Management of capital assets which includes capitalization, transfers, and disposals.
- Creation and maintenance of the Job Costing program.
- Ensure all key balance sheet accounts are properly maintained, updated, and reconciled monthly
- Credit Card management and allocation of associated expenses.
- Responsible for all issues and upgrades associated with Sage 300 software.
- Responsible for all issues and upgrades of the servers.
- Creation and entry of invoices for all payment certificates.
- Prepare accounting information for annual government reconciliations (EHT, Payroll, WSIB etc.).
- Maintain and implement inter-company rentals/charges.
- Responsible for corporate and automotive insurance policy renewals and issues.
- Annual MTO plate renewals and licence renewals.
- Act as a contact person for the accounting team on all matters related to financial processing and administrative processes.
- Assist other departments with the provision of ad hoc items such as Certificates of Insurance, offer letters, denial letters.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts with all related companies.
- Oversee tax planning objectives and strategies.
- Forecast future revenue needs.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a leadership role (Preferably Construction)
- Degree in Business Administration
- CA or CGA Designation preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel.
- Proficiency in Sage 300
- Time Management and Organization Skills (pre-planning, multi-tasking, documentation).
- Effective at problem solving and decision making.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- A self-motivated personality that can be successful independently and in a team.
Interested candidates can forward their resume to Careers@bre-ex.com
Accommodations can be made for candidates that require them, please notify HR.