This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
St Thomas, ON
||Aug 04, 2021
About GrahamScottEnns (GSE):
We are a mid-sized public accounting firm with offices in St. Thomas and Aylmer. Based on our number of staff, we are the largest professional services firm in Elgin County. We develop long-term, meaningful relationships with our clients in London and throughout Southern Ontario. We’ve found that maintaining open, trusting, and ongoing relationships with our clients help us understand where they are, how they work, and where they want to go. This core philosophy guides GSE’s team and permeates every aspect of our firm. We believe that investing in our employees is the only way to create valuable, mutually beneficial relationships.
What we offer:
If culture is important to you, then here is what our people tell us we do well. We provide detailed Orientation programs, a Positive and Collaborative work environment with an open-door policy to our partners, managers, and for each other. We provide fulfilling client service experiences; Work life balance; Competitive Compensation and Benefits; Flex-hours; and a compensated Overtime Policy in high season.
As a registered training firm, we also provide Training and Professional Development through both external courses as well as through our in-house annual training curriculum; This goal is complemented by our formal Buddy/Mentorship Program which continues at all levels. The Firm also supports an in-house taskforce who support our professionals in preparing to write their CFE (CPA) exam.
We like to celebrate our successes, highly support one another in our growth and challenges, and recognize top talent for advancement.
You are a knowledgeable tax professional with Canadian Tax experience looking for an opportunity to grow with a professional team. You are detail-oriented and always strive to put forth your best in everything you do. You can work in a team environment with other professionals to provide strong client service.
As the GSE Tax Manager you will manage multiple operations of our tax practice area to deliver quality tax services that will support and secure our clients’ needs. You will operate as a knowledgeable and trusted tax advisor aiming at maximizing client engagements and achieving best qualitative outcomes. This role operates out of both of our *locations, in St. Thomas and in Aylmer, ON.
For this particular position, *remote working is available when it is not necessary otherwise to be in the office from time to time to support necessary business and client needs.
Canadian Tax Management and Compliance:
- Manage and/or work as part of a GSE team on special projects and tax research (e.g. transactions, reorganizations, estate freezes)
- Research tax issues and prioritize tax related responsibilities.
- Assist in identifying tax planning opportunities and preparing related correspondence.
- Deliver a full range of tax services, including preparation and review of tax related prescribed forms (T1135, T2054, T2057 etc.), preparing letters of direction, and providing practical and effective approaches to the client’s tax situation.
- Be a resource to the firm on annual compliance work on client files and related personal/trust/corporate tax returns as required
- Participate in client meetings to gain a full understanding of clients’ needs
- Keep actively informed of current tax developments
- Communicate directly with clients and/or third parties (ie investment brokers etc.)
- Communicate directly with the CRA and relevant provincial ministries on client issues
- Participate in weekly compliance WIP meetings and bi-weekly Tax WIP meetings
- Use available resources (ITA,Taxnet Pro) for research and support
- Participate in scheduling processing
- Attend Tax Group meetings
- Build trusted relationships by ensuring optimal client service and expertise in all tax and compliance transactions.
- Be seen as a competent tax advisor and sounding board for our clients and GSE’s internal professionals, by answering inquires (e.g. file preparations; specific personal, trust or corporate tax), arising from compliance or planning work
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of tax concepts and provisions
- Identify opportunities for discussion or consultation with firm partners and be seen as a key tax advisory resource
- Work with GSE internal professionals and peers to improve processes by developing or implementing best practices
- Contribute to the firm’s practice and business development efforts, including attendance at client meetings, events, and other networking opportunities
- Provide material for social media posts to highlight the services of the firm and the Tax department
- Participate in firm-wide training, and create tax related training materials and/or make presentations where requested
If you are interested in applying to our position, please apply with your cover letter and resume through the Indeed.com application process before August 30, 2021.
- CPA Designation and the CICA In-Depth certification (or nearing completion)
- Proven work experience as a Tax Manager. Ideally 4-5 years progressive practicing.
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian tax accounting, tax compliance, and all types of tax returns.
- Analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of tax software and MS Office
- Exceptional client service along with the ability to develop excellent client relationships
- Strong leadership, people management and team collaboration skill
If you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, please let us know so we can support you as needed. GSE is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.