This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Nov 17, 2023
The London Children’s Museum is looking for an outgoing, friendly, and detail-oriented individual to join our team! The part-time Visitor Services Associate is the first point of contact for London Children’s Museum visitors. Responsible for exceptional customer service, this individual will process admissions, membership sales, store purchases, bookings, and registrations. This individual has a positive, visitor-centred approach, enjoys interacting with people, is highly organized, and can efficiently multitask. Successful candidates will exemplify London Children’s Museum values: Listen Closely, Be Awesome, Stay Curious, Be Helpful, Include Everyone, Dream Big, and Have Fun.
Position: 4-20 hours per week until June 30, 2024
- Provide and model extraordinary customer service to all visitors and guests
- Warmly greet visitors and process daily admissions
- Perform reception activities, including responding to phone and email inquiries and processing sales
- Execute accurate cash handling and point-of-sale procedures
- Develop a thorough understanding of the point-of-sale system
- Support the sale of memberships and data entry of member information
- Ensure visitors are provided with a clean environment by maintaining the main floor areas including displays, windows, tables, and store
- Provide details to visitors about day camps, events, birthday parties, and group visits
- Merchandise and stock the Explore Store
- Maintain a clean and organized front desk area
- Maintain filing, data entry, and tracking sheets
- Provide office and administrative support to the staff team, as needed
- Accept other duties as required
To Apply: Please email your cover letter and resume with the job title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The London Children’s Museum is committed to creating inclusive employment practices and work environments that celebrate the dignity and uniqueness of every individual. Every effort is made to reduce accessibility barriers during the candidate recruitment and selection process. Accommodations are available during every step of the hiring process.
- Experience in customer service, retail, reception, and/or administration
- Demonstrated passion for delivering exceptional customer service, interacting with children, and providing a welcoming environment
- High attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to self-direct
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Ability to work efficiently and problem-solve
- Experience managing cash, debit, and credit card transactions
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to shifting priorities
- Computer proficiency, particularly in Word and Excel
- Weekday, evening, and weekend availability as required