Huron University College invites applications for the position of:
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Huron University College is completely unique to post-secondary institutions in Canada. With the aim to redefine Liberal Arts education, Huron is creating a university experience unlike any other that prioritizes ethical leadership and community engagement, as much as the pursuit of academic achievement. As the founding college of Western University, since 1863, Huron has remained strategically small to
best serve the needs of its students. We provide an elite, yet accessible, education, because every student with the passion and work ethic to positively change our world deserves to access the knowledge to understand it and the skills to shape it. Huron’s mission is to develop Leaders with Heart from all backgrounds and foster a vibrant and inclusive community and prepare students to be engaged citizens who transform the sectors they work within. Our commitment to providing the best-possible Liberal Arts education means students have many unique opportunities to enrich their learning experiences.
Reporting to and supporting the Director, Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for a broad range of human resources functions and for providing exceptional HR services to Faculty and Staff at Huron University College. With a significant emphasis on positive client service the Generalist will support the strategic and operational business objectives of the Finance and
Administration team and Huron.
Within this role, you will act as a first point of contact for a broad range of Human Resources activities and are accountable for resolving issues and responding to inquiries from Faculty and Staff. Working with the Director, you will support recruitment and retention; employee engagement and training; employee and labour relations; compensation, benefits and pension activities; policy review and
development; and lead health and safety programs and initiatives.
- Post-secondary education from an accredited institution with a focus on Human Resources, Labour Relations, Business Administration or related field;
- Completion of, or working towards CHRP designation;
- Minimum five (5) years of related experience working in an HR Generalist or Advisory role, preferably within a unionized environment;
- Experience interpreting and administering Collective Agreements;
- Joint Health and Safety Committee certification and experience working with / supporting a JHSC
- Working knowledge of relevant employment legislation and a demonstrated understanding and ability to apply in a variety of settings;
- Proven ability to maintain discretion, confidentiality, and sensitivity when dealing with difficult situations;
- Excellent time management skills and a demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Well-honed and developed interpersonal skills to represent Huron professionally;
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve effectively and use good judgement in all decisions;
- An open, inviting and approachable personality that allows the opportunity to build meaningful, trusting relationships;
- A strong willingness to participate fully in a team environment;
- Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, and cultural understanding;
- Maintain a non-judgemental approach when dealing with difficult or conflicting situations.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their application by Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 11:59pm. Letters of application and a current resume should be submitted in one document (Word or PDF) in confidence to Huron by:
London, ON, N6G 1H3
Huron University College values its place in an interconnected world and desires to reflect this value, acknowledging our responsibility to strive towards a diverse and equitable employment and educational environment that recognizes the inherent worth and dignity of every person. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups, and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Applications from all qualified individuals are invited; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given hiring priority. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected to proceed in the competition will be contacted. Should you require accommodation in making an application please contact Huron by phone at 519-438-7224 or at the email address above.