CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST
Dowler-Karn Limited, a leading Southwestern Ontario propane and fuel distributor, is looking to hire a permanent, full-time Customer Service Specialist for its St. Thomas head office. The successful applicant will perform a number of duties in support of branch operations which include assisting customers by sharing information, answering questions or resolving concerns, processing customer transactions and ultimately building long-term customer relationships. We’re looking for someone with high energy, easy to communicate with and detail oriented to represent Dowler-Karn as a key first point of contact.
Among the current responsibilities of the position are as follows:
St. Thomas Head Office
- Provide excellent customer service, building quality relationships with customers
- Answer and manage all incoming calls on a busy phone system
- Greet customers and discuss type, quality, and quantity of services required
- Ensure all customer enquiries are addressed and handled professionally, leaving the customer with a positive resolution
- Collaborate with customers and other departments / branches to ensure full customer satisfaction with the company's products and services
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge, including propane, fuel and lubricant operations
- Accept and process customer payments; provide information about electronic payment options
- Coordinate communication and document control along with internal mail distribution
- Assist in pricing activities related to current customer accounts
- Provide customers with information regarding the benefits of services
- Ensure follow-up by passing leads to Sales Representatives
- Proactively attend to customer complaints in a professional manner
- Address and resolve customer inquiries regarding the status of orders and any payment
- Provide support and problem resolution via telephone, e-mail, and other vehicles of communication
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner
- Adapt communication style in order to deliver information effectively to a range of individuals
- Perform other administrative assigned tasks and duties necessary to support branch operations.
** Must be able to participate in a Saturday morning shift on a rotating basis.
To be considered for this excellent career opportunity within a successful and growing family-owned business, interested candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a grade 12 diploma is required, although some post-secondary education would be considered an asset
- Strong organizational, administrative and customer service skills along with experience / confidence as a front line customer service person
- Above average comfort level with computers is necessary including MS Office functions
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Excellent listening skills; able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Take the time to ask customers questions and be ready to respond to any customer service opportunities
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills
- Personable and confident individual with strong quantitative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to detail and a willingness to learn
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
- Ability to quickly pick up product and service knowledge and communicate effectively to customers
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
Dowler-Karn Limited places great importance on serving our employees and customers. As a successful family run business that has been in operation for over 75 years, Dowler-Karn operates based on the core values of service, integrity, and community responsibility. We offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants are directed to submit a resume and covering letter to HR@dowlerkarn.com. Please reference “Your Name –Customer Service Specialist” in the subject line. This is a full-time dayshift position. The deadline for consideration is 9:00am, Monday, July 15th, 2019.
If you want to learn more about Dowler-Karn, please visit our website at www.dowlerkarn.com or connect with us:
You Tube: http://bit.ly/DowlerKarnCustomers
Dowler-Karn is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs throughout all parts of the hiring process.
Please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.