Please link to: http://bit.ly/yYl9B8 or apply on line at: careers.compass-canada.com
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 23,000 associates and $1.4 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Eurest Services - Compass Canada Support Services Ltd. provides facilities management and support services solutions to our clients. We have the expertise, resources and established business infrastructure to develop and implement cost effective services and solutions to improve client operating efficiencies, value and profitability.
Position: Operations Manager
Location: London, Ontario (Position based out of corporate office)
Overview: Provides overall planning, direction and control to assigned units, within defined regions, to achieve operations and financial goals. Provides guidance and motivation to subordinate managers, In Unit Supervisors and other region associates. Establishes and maintains effective customer/client rapport.
- In conjunction with the Regional Vice President, interprets and ensures compliance with policies, procedures, and guidelines to promote their consistent application within the district.
- Conducts operation audits of regional units and designs improvements to optimize financial performance and operational productivity. Audits units to ensure conformance with the Company, government and accrediting agency standards and regulations and record keeping. Ensures adherence to company purchasing programs.
- Observes condition of facility when visiting sites for quality control purposes. Investigates complaints regarding unit operation and effects satisfaction solutions.
- Ensures that each unit's financial performance meets the Company and client forecasts. Develops realistic and accurate district forecasts. Monitors development of realistic and accurate unit forecasts.
- Establishes and maintains effective client and customer relations. Identifies client's needs, communicates unit progress, operations problems, and new Company programs to client. Interprets financial reports for clients. Ensures that clients are aware of current applicable government regulations. Documents business content of client meetings.
- Conducts and/or monitors customer, client and associate satisfaction surveys.
- Participates in the sales process by working with the pre-proposal study teams, aiding in presentations, preparing opening team schedules and coordinating/leading opening teams. Conducts client negotiations, and renegotiates unit contract. Coordinates documentation of contract changes.
- Ensures consistent and equitable administration of human resources policies, procedures, and guidelines to facilitate effective employee relations and support the preferred employer focus. Audits performance appraisals and associates files. Monitors Diversity action plans.
- Recruits for supervisory and area manager positions. Identifies district training requirements. Develops and coaches supervisory and manager associates to meet staffing and succession planning needs, as well as to ensure optimum utilization of district associates.
- Plans and conducts district meetings, making full use of support staff as needed.
- Manages 6-20 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 20+ employees in the Operations. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of assigned unit(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; conducting timely and meaningful performance appraisals; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Five years related experience and/or training in multi-unit responsibility; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Supervisory experience, preferably in a unionized environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to identify problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must be able to provide a Criminal Background check that is free of convictions for which there has been no pardon granted. Must have a valid Ontario Drivers Licence with a clean driving record.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee may be required to drive.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Dependant on the location of the District the manager may be required to travel distances and may be exposed to different work environment including but not limited to offices and factories. Such environments will have a variety of variations including but not limited to changes in temperature, high noise levels and some fumes.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.