|Date Posted:||Apr 28, 2023|
Steelway Building Systems, an Ardent Group company, leverages more than 40 years of experience crafting aesthetically beautiful, functional, and durable steel structures for industrial, commercial, recreational, institutional, and agricultural industries through continuous innovation and the utilization of advanced software and technology. Steelway’s goal of continuing to build an authentic, passionate, and caring organization all started with a sense of entrepreneurship, a drive for community involvement, and their Founder’s lifelong commitment for designing and building.
In partnership with Prime Management Group Inc., Steelway Building Systems is recruiting for an energetic, organized, results-oriented Maintenance Manager to join their team in their state-of-the-art facility in Aylmer, Ontario.
The Maintenance Leader is responsible for the leadership of the maintenance personnel and oversees all activities of the maintenance department. The Maintenance Leader will Lead, Inspire, Build and Motivate a high-performance team that delivers on Steelway’s higher purpose – ‘Enriching the lives of our partners’ and influence behavior to create a culture of excellence.
As a member of the maintenance team and as a new Steelway family member, you will join a diverse, dynamic group of highly motivated individuals that bring with them a wide array of talents, skills, and backgrounds.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop and implement long-term strategies for the maintenance department that align with the company's overall goals and objectives.
- Foster a culture of innovation and continuous improvement by encouraging team members to suggest new ideas and processes that can enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Mentor and coach team members to develop their skills and potential, and provide ongoing feedback and performance evaluations.
- Collaborate with other department leaders to ensure effective communication and coordination of maintenance activities with production schedules and other business functions.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements and company policies, including health and safety regulations, environmental standards, and ethical practices.
- Manage budgets and resources effectively, and provide regular reports on departmental performance and financial metrics to senior management.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, suppliers, and community partners, to build trust and enhance the company's reputation.
- Monitor and drive improvements in maintenance expenditures through cost savings strategy development and execution
- Monitor KPI’s and departmental objectives while implementing continuous improvement initiatives
- Develop, implement, and execute schedules and procedures for safety inspections and preventive maintenance programs
- Organize and schedule Preventative Maintenance on all equipment surrounding production needs
- Responsible for ensuring the highest level of employee training to support the business
- Recommends staffing levels for maintenance activities, including recommendations for recruitment and selection
- Ensures software systems are being utilized effectively and data is kept up to date and accurate (ERP, CMMS, etc)
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Post-secondary education in electrical or mechanical engineering or in a related field
- 5 – 10 years' maintenance management level experience in a manufacturing environment
- Computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office, ERP, and other enterprise software for purchasing and maintenance management
- Previous hands-on experience with heavy industrial plant maintenance including hydraulics, pumps, electrical, and overhead cranes
- Demonstrated performance as a high-energy team player, with the ability to lead people and administer results
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to use team-building principles to constantly improve output and profitability
- Excellent organizational skills and capability of managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work within a high-performance culture
Prime Management Group Inc. is pleased to continue our partnership with Steelway Building Systems and will be accepting all applications in confidence from interested candidates. Please submit your application here. Requests for additional information on the role, and/or confidential suggestions or nominations, may also be submitted to Colleen Young, Director of Operations & Senior Recruitment Consultant, at 519-672-7710 or email@example.com