Company: At Ontario Plants Propagation Limited, our vision is to be Eastern North America’s premier supplier of greenhouse vegetable transplants. Founded in 2002 on 6 acres, we have expanded over the years to become a 32 acre propagation facility. In order to help our expanding business continue the path of growth, we need talented motivated individuals to join our diverse team. With that in mind we are looking for a Maintenance Planner and Parts Procurement Coordinator whose primary responsibilities will be for the tactical procurement of supplies, equipment and services related to Maintenance; planning purchasing based on a thorough analysis of past requirements and future projections of maintenance requirements, as well as emergency maintenance needs.
- Inspects mechanical equipment for the purpose of ensuring that it is suitable for safe operation and/or identifying necessary repairs.
- Assists in the evaluation of equipment functions for the purpose of maintaining facilities and/or complying with mandated health requirements.
- Assists in maintaining irrigation and filtration equipment (e.g. filters, pump equipment, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring equipment is in proper working condition.
- Maintains records for the purpose of providing an up-to-date reference trail and/or complying with mandated requirements.
- Performs repairs to equipment and facilities for the purpose of maintaining facilities and equipment in safe operating condition.
- Assists with setup and/or movement of equipment (e.g. lines, new equipment, , etc.)
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment.
- Performs simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and troubleshooting and repair of machines.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments.
- Maintains heating system, boilers, pumps, valves, piping.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned.
- CMMS familiarity with “maximo”
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Supply Chain Management, Business or a related field.
- 3 years' progressive experience in a purchasing role.
- Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P.) designation or registration in the educational program of the Purchasing Management Association of Canada.
- Comprehensive experience drafting vendor agreements including the ability to strategically assess and mitigate risk with vendors and suppliers through well-structured agreements.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the appropriate tools for grading, analyzing, and assessing materials, equipment, supplies, services, and other commodities.
- Demonstrated understanding of integrated supply chain and logistics concepts Exceptional forecasting ability with strong analytical and interpretive skills.
- ERP user experience.
- Strong computer skills in Excel and MS Project.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
Interested applicants please email or fax your resume via contact information listed below:
Fax: 519 637 2449
Subject title: Maintenance Planner
**Only those meeting the requirements will be considered. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations throughout this process, please contact Human Resources via the methods above or at 519-637-2119.