This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jul 24, 2019
Fleetwood Metal Industries has an exciting opportunity in our Tillsonburg Facility! FMI is looking for a Tool & Die Maker for straight Midnight's!
Since its inception in 1938, Fleetwood Metal Industries has continued to evolve to meet and exceed the technological trends. Fleetwood's capabilities focus on state-of-the art metal stamping and welding technologies, controlled by highly trained operator.
Fleetwood houses over 40 presses that range from 250 to 2,000 tons for blanking, forming and drawing. Our advanced robotic mig and spot welding capabilities ensure the kind of quality that exceeds industry standards. Our advancement in forming simulation and CATIA design is moving Fleetwood to the forefront of high strength material part production.
The bottom line is superb quality - the kind of quality that has earned Fleetwood ratings far better than the industry norms.
OUTLINE OF DUTIES
The Tool & Die Maker is responsible for supporting all areas of tool room, and to make tools used in the manufacturing process. More precisely, the incumbent:
- Understand and comply with the worker responsibilities and rights as outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OH&S) of Ontario, as well as, the Company’s safety rules/procedures.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications of tools, dies, prototypes or models.
- Prepare templates and sketches and determine work processes.
- Fabricate gauges, tools, and molds.
- Mentoring apprentices.
- Rework damaged components.
- In press diagnose of trouble with part quality and or die issues.
- All other duties as required.
Qualified candidates may express their interest in applying to: email@example.com or submit a resume in person to Human Resources at the Tillsonburg location. Please indicate the Job Title you are applying for in your e-mail or in your written application.
Fleetwood Metal Industries offers a competitive compensation package with a comprehensive, flexible group benefits program.
Fleetwood Metal Industries is committed to promoting accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities and complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and makes accommodations available for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. When an applicant for employment is chosen to participate in an assessment and/or the selection process, reasonable accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
- 2 years manufacturing environment working
- Certificate/License in related trade
- Knowledge lathes, and surface grinders
- Ability to work the midnight shift
- Hard working, team player
- Strong logical decision-making skills
- Ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrates established time management and multitasking skills
- Safety minded individual
- Willing to work Overtime
- Demonstrated record of good attendance