Autodata Solutions is looking for a Data Engineer to join their growing London team!
As a Data Engineer, you will be technically involved with identifying, analyzing, obtaining, understanding and moving data sets through the Autodata vehicle build data ecosystem. You will move large data sets from multiple sources and ingest this data into Autodata’s warehouses. The role includes hands on data acquisition and integration work using technologies like Java, Azure, Apache Storm, and Angular. The ideal candidate is a technologist with ETL development experience and business savvy.? You must have passion for data and using big data technologies to solve complex technical problems!?
- Perform advanced data discovery, data profiling, technical and business assessments
- Coordinate data requirement gathering, analysis, design and quality activities for build data projects and initiatives
- Drive innovations and develop proofs-of-concept/ prototypes to help illustrate approaches to technology and business problems
- Monitor imports and investigate failures during the data transfer process
- Raise issues with the system, research recommendations for improvement and actively participate in the solutioning and building of the resolutions?
- Analyze successfully imported data for accuracy and patterns?
- Work with multiple project execution and deployment teams (e.g. Development, Business Analysis, Architecture, Release Management, Production Support)
- Thorough knowledge of relational and dimensional database design and knowledge of logical and physical data models (MSSQL, MYSQL)
- Solid understanding of NoSQL technologies (Mongo DB, Azure Storage, Casandra)
- 3+ years of Java development experience
- Experience with SDLC and/or Agile methodologies for project development, and participation in all phases of project development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to tailor to your audience
- Ability to document data use cases, solutions and recommendations
- Must have a passion for data understanding, use, manipulation, delivery and documentation
- Willingness to own solutions from ideation to completion
Why work with us:
- Been around for 27 years & nominated as a ‘Great Place to Work’ several times
- Over 300 technical minds to collaborate with on a daily basis right here in London
- Monthly catered breakfasts, holiday events and other out of office events including summer BBQs, golf tournaments, skating and ice hockey
- An active Wellness Committee that organizes corporate volleyball, soccer and softball teams, monthly on-site massage, kickboxing, indoor rock climbing, art/painting classes, Escape Room and lunch and learns
- Ongoing community outreach helping Toys for Tots, the United Way, Girls Rock I.T., Explode Conference, our corporate charity: Families in Need and other local programs
- Employee discounts on vehicles and accessories available through select clients
- Training and educational incentives for continued career growth
- Bake Sales, Raffles, Auctions and free coffee!
Apply for role today using the following link: http://autodata.applytojob.com/apply/yqFpVBMmi5/Data-Engineer. For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require work related accommodations, please specify.