This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Feb 04, 2020
Canaccede Financial Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries are Canadian industry leaders in specialized investment and financial services products. Through our acquisition entities and our managing and servicing entity, Canaccede International Management Ltd., we have been working with industry leading lenders and financial institutions in the acquisition and servicing of performing, insolvent and distressed receivables since 2008, and we are the largest multi-asset acquirer in the Canadian market.
We operate with an analytically driven philosophy that is always responsive to our client’s individual needs and circumstances. Our business proposition is to maximize value from acquired receivables in a cost-effective manner and provide integrated consumer finance solutions through our operating, servicing and technology platforms.
Canaccede’s corporate culture is an open, forward-looking and growth-oriented one, where motivated employees learn and grow. We have offices in Toronto and London, Ontario. This permanent, full time role is in our downtown London, Ontario location.
This role works within the managing and servicing entity. The Manager, Insolvency is a strong operationally focused individual who is responsible for leading the Insolvency teams to coordinate all functions of operational management for Canaccede International Management Ltd.’s portfolio of insolvent accounts. The successful candidate will be responsible for the supervision of the receipt and distribution of incoming documents, process management of filing, portfolio management of bankruptcy, proposal, and receivership files. This will include optimization of dividend recovery. The Manager, Insolvency handles escalated insolvency issues through negotiations with the Trustee Office or Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy for resolution. The Manager, Insolvency also works collaboratively with other departments to develop processes for onboarding of new portfolios/partnerships and ensures business relevance of daily management reports.
- Foster an engaged and high-performance culture through ongoing development, coaching and mentoring of Insolvency Team members
- Promote continuous process enhancement to increase operational efficiency
- Manage consumer bankruptcy, proposal, and receivership files, including recovery of dividends
- Ensure that all Insolvency SLA’s are achieved
- Maintain awareness of current bankruptcy laws and trends to ensure best practices are maintained within the business
- Lead Insolvency team to achieve departmental goals
- Attend regular meetings with our clients to ensure expectations are being achieved
- Handle escalated insolvency issues with Trustee Office or Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy for resolution
- Oversee the development and management of account specific reports to investigate inactive, annulled, abandoned or orphaned accounts
- Analyze reports for indicators of recovery or breakage to identify likelihood of rectification in order maximize returns
- Ensure daily Insolvency reports to senior management are sufficient, and relevant to needs and goals of the business
- Evaluate and identify need for updates to software packages within the Insolvency Department
- Collaborate with Trustee Community to build strong relationships and open communication
- Build and maintain strong relationships with third party vendor support
- Conduct policy and procedure annual review
- Support Corporate initiatives such as compliance and business continuity
Canaccede Financial Group Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Requests for accommodation can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional accessibility information and contact information can be found on the company website at www.canaccede.com/accessible-customer-service.php
Candidates are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter to Angie Glasser, Director, Human Resources via email to email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their submission and will be in contact with candidates deemed to meet the above qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, related field, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated Leadership skills and Management expertise, with a minimum 3 years experience in a leadership role
- Thrives in a dynamic environment, with a proven ability to successfully lead teams through change
- Experience implementing process improvement
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization, both verbal and written
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills according to unique situations
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines
- Ability to excel within a goal driven environment
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, Word, Sharepoint, and OneDrive
- Sound judgement and analysis to arrive at recommendations or conclusions
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key business partners
For more information about Canaccede Financial Group Ltd., please visit our company website at www.canaccede.com