|Dec 29, 2023
Join the YMCA Facilities Team!
Be the Spark! Join our professional and passionate team and be the spark that ignites the potential in others. The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is one of the largest not-for-profit providers of licensed child care in Canada, offers settlement services to newcomers to Canada, operates two overnight camps and 16 Health & Fitness branches across Southwestern Ontario, and we have been making a positive difference in the communities we serve for 167 years!
Why the Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities and welcomes people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities. We are committed to helping our employees reach their full potential and are recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Top Employers. We offer meaningful employment by belonging to an international movement that makes positive differences in the lives of individuals and families.
At the Y, we are committed to providing you with opportunities to develop your knowledge, skills and career while supporting others to be successful.
We are one of.....
As we continue to grow, we have a need for the following position:
Position: Facilities Supervisor
Location: Stoney Creek YMCA, 920 Sunningdale Rd. E, London
Salary: $42,000 - $45,000 annually
Start Date: As soon as possible
Schedule: Monday to Friday, available for a combination of day and afternoon shifts. After hours emergency response as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Two Year Post-Secondary education in building operations an asset along with five years building cleaning experience, and knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
• Institutional or previous YMCA experience
• Management of cleaning staff
• Training of staff and implementation of cleaning processes
• Working knowledge of WHMIS and H & S directives
• Must possess current JHSC certification, or complete within 3 months of employment
• Experience with commercial pool operations and certification in pool operations is a definite asset
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Three years supervisory experience and budgetary management is preferred
• Computer skills utilizing MS Office applications including email and internet
• Proficiency in using online/remote work tools and resources including MS Teams, Google Meet, ZOOM, ect.
• Current and acceptable Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening is a condition of employment for all staff and volunteers
• A YMCA personal membership at our health and fitness branches
• A discount on our Childcare and Camp programs
• Vacation entitlement in accordance with the employment standards regulations
• May be entitled to up to 12 paid personal days – applicable with position and contract length
• Benefits package – applicable with position and contract length
• Maintains YMCA standards and is a positive role model for the YMCA’s Mission, Vision, Values and Commitment to Service. Acts as a YMCA ambassador, demonstrating YMCA core values of caring, respect, honesty, responsibility, and inclusiveness, in your daily work.
• Develops and sustains good member, staff, volunteer and supplier relations on a regular basis, acting as a role model for staff and volunteers.
• Maintains YMCA of Southwestern Ontario policy and procedures.
• Provides leadership to the Facility Services teams, ensuring a high-level of cleanliness, safety and maintenance, including recruitment, supervision, training, scheduling, payroll preparation and performance evaluation.
• Provides hands on facility cleaning and maintenance as required.
• Provides services and supervision in all areas of facility cleanliness, safety and maintenance.
• Develops, implements and monitors facility maintenance and cleaning schedules, staff and projects.
• Responsible for creating procedures relevant to facility maintenance and cleanliness operations.
• Maintains facility pool operations in compliance with regulatory standards.
• Monitors and oversees facility Building Automation System
• Develops/controls/manages the facility maintenance/housekeeping annual operations budgets.
• Ensures the facility is following best practices and cleaning procedures are implemented and maintained and the required contract services are in place.
• Manages work order system by assignment and prioritizing repair or breakdown requirements.
• Work scheduled Manager-on-duty shifts.
• In conjunction with requirements, co-ordinate facility mechanics, and outside trades people for preventative maintenance, repairs, and other maintenance activities to be performed on equipment and building systems.
• Ensure monthly and annual fire safety inspections occur per regulatory requirements and follow up to ensure completion of reported deficiencies.
• Be familiar with and train staff on facility Fire Safety Plan and Emergency Plans.
• Administrate documentation, records management, accounts payable, supplies/inventory, departmental reports, etc.
• Responsible for training staff and ensuring all work is conducted in compliance with H & S procedures, including WHMIS product labelling, SDS upkeep and ensuring staff certifications are current and relevant.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services.
As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Application Contact Information