||Nov 01, 2023
Join the YMCA Development Team!
Be the Spark! Join our professional and passionate team and be the spark that ignites the potential in others. The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is one of the largest not-for-profit providers of licensed child care in Canada, offers settlement services to newcomers to Canada, operates two overnight camps and 16 Health & Fitness branches across Southwestern Ontario, and we have been making a positive difference in the communities we serve for 167 years!
At the Y, we are committed to providing you with opportunities to develop your knowledge, skills, and career while you enhance the experience of the people that we serve.
Position: Development Database Administrator
Location: Hybrid (Wortley YMCA / remote work from home)
Start Date: December 2023
Compensation: $50,000 - $55,000
As part of your total compensation:
• Receive a complimentary YMCA personal membership to our Health & Fitness facilities, and discounts on YMCA child care and camp programs
• Access vacation entitlement in accordance with the employment standards regulations, and up to 12 paid personal days annually
• Benefits package and Pension, applicable with position/contract length
• Be part of a caring and supportive network of people to help each other succeed
• Complimentary access to wellness and counselling services
Reporting to the Manager of Grants and Communications, the Database Administrator will be responsible for gift processing at the YMCA of Southwestern Ontario and for the overall management of our donor database. As a key part of the development team, the Database Administrator will be the subject matter expert for the donor database and will help use this tool to provide excellent donor service.
In this role, you will:
• Bring a keen eye and detail-oriented approach to managing all gift entry and database administration
• Be service-oriented in processing gifts promptly and managing deposits, documentation, data entry, and tax receipt generation and acknowledgment
• Be committed to data integrity, including regular quality checks and efficiency in resolving data discrepancies
• Partner with cross-functional YMCA teams in efficiently completing list pulls for donor communications and monthly balancing and audit-related activities
• Be committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a sense of belonging
• Embrace and exemplify the YMCA’s five Core Values: Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Inclusiveness
Education, Skills, Qualifications:
• Minimum two years of professional experience working directly with a donor database (e.g. Causeview/Salesforce, DonorPerfect, Plexcan, Raiser’s Edge), including gift entry and report generation
• Knowledge of and experience in fundraising, donor relations and/or prospect management
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (with advanced experience in Excel an asset)
• Compliance with Canada Revenue Agency requirements and the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ principles and standards of conduct
• Must provide a current criminal record check as per YMCA policy
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
1. Describe your philosophy around the importance of data management within a charitable organization.
2. Identify the three key competencies you believe are critical to success in this role and provide an example of how you have demonstrated each through your professional experience.
Why the Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities and welcomes people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities. We are committed to helping our employees reach their full potential and are recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s Top Employers. We offer meaningful employment and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and families.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Application Contact Information