We design cool machines, check out our website. Multiple roles available, Senior and Junior.
ARVA Industries located in St. Thomas, Ontario is offering an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager to manage, organize and deliver on specific key client projects. This project is complicated and demands a self-starter, minimal amount of travel is required. This is a high-profile role in our company.
Project Manager Job Duties
Project managers are skilled at getting the best out of the people and projects that they oversee. They thrive when planning projects and working with project teams and display a variety of skills which should include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Estimating and budgeting experience
- Flexible team player
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and documents
Specific project role
- Coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors for the best execution of projects
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Work closely with program manager to manage expectations of customers
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Ensuring resource availability and allocation
- Works closely with other departments to achieve goals, perform quality reviews of submittals during key preparation stages.
- Work with Program Manager and Engineering in cases where scope change, value engineering alternatives are being pursued
- Oversees major system component vendors to ensure any equipment delay(s) are identified and mitigated.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally.
- Strong time-management skills, ability to multi-task to ensure slippage does not occur.
- Require superior negotiating and conflict resolution skills and the ability to professionally respond to issues as they arise.
- Ability to work unsupervised for extended periods of time with a willingness to travel as required to service this project and work extra when require to meet deadlines.
- Proactively work on problems of diverse scope in which independent action and a high degree of initiative are required in resolving problems and developing recommendations.
- Mechanically inclined with ability to interpret, analyze, understand and implement information from technical drawings and literature.
- Ability to read electrical schematics is a must
- Background in electrical field is beneficial
Knowledge & Expertise
- Requires a university/college degree or equivalent in mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering discipline
- Minimum of 3 years previous project management experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, project management software
- Knowledge of the rail industry is an asset
- Practical Project Management and field experience is required
- PMP and/or P.Eng designation is an asset.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Strong problem solving, analytical, project management and planning skills
Please submit applications to Wendy Marych WMarych@arvaindustries.com.