As an employer of choice, Sifton Properties Limited is a family owned and operated company that has been in business for over 95 years. We have a family-based culture where we trust, understand, support and care about each other. As team members, we are committed to making someone’s day better, through our collaboration, innovation and communications.
This role leads assigned land development construction projects on time, within budget, and to the high Sifton quality standards. This role supports the Vice President Neighbourhood Developments and the Project Manager, Engineering/Construction in ensuring the full portfolio of projects are completed successfully.
Date Posted: January 29, 2021
Please apply online - https://careers.sifton.com/job_details.php?jobcode=7837
• Lead land development projects to ensure that the activities are executed in accordance with designed plans, budgets and schedules. Projects involve preparing new neighbourhoods and providing sites that are sold to builders for housing, condominium, or commercial development.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Manage relationships and activities of consultants, contractors, builders and other service providers; leading tendering for services, aligning their schedules to the overall project schedule and holding them accountable for deliverables aligned with contracted scope.
• Apply knowledge of legislative requirements and building experience when inspecting subcontractor work.
• Conducts site visits and track and monitor site ESCs and facilitate required maintenance on site infrastructures such as curbs, sidewalks, street lights.
• Obtain conditional and full building permits (conditional acceptance) as required when developments are brought to market, according to the timing and budget as directed by the Vice President.
• Provides performance status reports for cost forecast, and schedule as required. Manages change orders, including negotiating, processing, and assessing cost and schedule impact.
• Facilitate and monitor repairs needed within subdivisions moving toward assumption or end of warranty in accordance with the local municipalities policy. Assist in the assumption of roads and other infrastructure by the municipality when required.
• Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, and/or Civil Engineering Technology at an accredited Community College or University.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience leading related Civil Engineering and construction projects.
• Demonstrated ability to manage external relationships with external contractors and other service providers, focusing on performance and issue resolution.
• Good interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite and project planning processes and software.
• Comprehensive understanding of legislation related to construction processes and standards including municipal, provincial and federal regulations.
• Ability to interpret engineering designs and assess compliance against standards.
• Ability to work in safety sensitive construction zones, around large machinery and heavy equipment as required.
• Self-directed, flexible, strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple detailed tasks in a fast past-paced environment.
• This position is approximately 20% office and 80% on site. Reliable transportation and a valid Ontario driver’s license in good standing is required to work at multiple project locations throughout southwestern Ontario with the majority within London and surrounding area
What we can offer you:
Collaboration: You are set up for success with training/mentoring in your new team
Engagement: You will work in partnership with our Supervisors/Managers to build strong tenant/resident/customer experience skills.
Programs: Unique rewards and recognition program throughout the company.
Connections: Experience our company events and team engagement programs.
Celebrations: Milestones are important to us as part of our team with special events.
Unique for you: Employee Assistance Program to support your confidentially in all that matters to you.
Other perks include: discounted uniforms/other work wear items/discounted clothing for special events and discounted product offerings throughout our network.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Sifton Properties would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.