This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jul 28, 2020
||College Diploma (3 years)
(18 month Maternity Leave Coverage)
Montessori Academy of London (MA) seeks an experienced, meticulous and resourceful Executive Assistant with at least 3-5 years of experience in clerical and administrative duties to cover an 18-month maternity leave. The successful candidate is responsible for the school’s administrative and office support, supporting all areas of MA’s administration. Extensive computer skills are required, as well as strong communication skills. It’s a challenging and rewarding position supporting an outstanding not-for-profit organization.
- Provide overall support to the Executive Director and Academic Director as well as other administrative positions as required including (but not limited to) word processing, documentation, copying, printing, distribution, filing, data entry and processing correspondence of various types.
- Responsible for processing accounts payable, reconciling general ledger accounts, bank reconciliations, preparing month-end accounting entries and any additional special accounting projects as assigned.
- Attend monthly Board meetings; take minutes, distribute monthly materials in preparation for meetings, responsible for room set-up and maintaining Board contact information.
- Support Human Resources processes including (but not limited to) filing employee records, managing set-up of online employee training through HR Downloads, maintaining various policy manuals as required.
- Assist with planning and organizing parent events and education nights.
- Attend quarterly Parent Rep meetings, take minutes and communicate with the group as needed.
- Assist the Registrar in maintaining student enrolment information and records using the Blackbaud database system.
- Take the lead of varying projects and responsibilities throughout the school year.
- Handle special administrative projects, as well as overflow work from multiple administrative positions.
- Understand and promote the schools’s vision, mission, and goals to students, parents, and community.
- Occasionally oversees and attends to administrative needs outside typical office hours.
Email your resume to email@example.com by 4:00 pm on Friday, August 7, 2020. Anticipated start date is Monday, August 31, 2020. No phone calls, please. While we welcome all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Montessori Academy is an independently funded school and not-for-profit charity founded in 1968 to provide a proven alternative to conventional education. We are London, Ontario’s only accredited Montessori school, and offer traditional programs for Toddlers, Pre-school, Elementary and Junior High students, with specialty programs including Art, Physical Education, French and Music.
- Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task and prioritize jobs to meet deadlines.
- Open-minded and willing to try different skill-sets for the good of the students and the school team. Critical and independent thinker; collaborative team worker; problem solver.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with database management systems; Blackbaud product knowledge an asset.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure and in the midst of the busyness.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office, PC formatted computers, web research skills.
- A current Police Vulnerable Sector Check is required as a condition of employment.