As a Best Managed Company, we are honoured to be named one of London's Best Places to Work -- At Sifton Properties, we believe in building outstanding communities where people live, work, and play.
Sifton Properties Limited is a family owned and operated company that has been in business for over 95 years. We have a family-based culture where we trust, understand, support and care about each other. As team members, we are committed to making someone’s day better, through our collaboration, innovation and communications. If this sounds like you, consider joining our team today! Click here to apply.
Experience & Qualifications
- You bring 5+ years benefit administration and payroll experience to the role
- CPM designation or Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) with the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) is an asset
- Technical proficiency and understanding of benefit programs and systems and experience with payroll systems (ADP preferred)
- Have built subject matter expertise in Canadian payroll procedures, along with a solid knowledge of Canadian benefit programs in both non-union and unionized environments
- Able to execute with proficiency in Microsoft applications with advanced skills of Excel
- Experience coordinating and communicating with government agencies and internal stakeholders on complex and confidential compensation or benefit related matters
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to work under pressure of regular deadlines with strong problem-solving skills
- Maturity to understand and respect the sensitivity and confidentiality of payroll/benefit matters
About the Role
- Payroll administration of employee recognition program, pension and benefit enrolment, changes and terminations including taxable benefits, employee leave of absences/terminations and any ad hoc reporting related to these areas when requested or for internal audit purposes.
- Assist with maintenance of payroll databases in coordination with the processing of full payroll cycle activities for multiple payroll set ups, both accurately and on time
- Reconcile and prepare required payroll remittances for all government agencies and non-government related bodies. Provide guidance to government agencies to support payroll and benefit inquiries.
- Liase with employees and assist with requests for record of employment (ROE), tax and payroll information, coordinating and communicating between internal stakeholders and government inquiries.
- Ensure organizational compliance with federal and provincial legislation and adhere to all Sifton policies and procedures for consistency in execution.
What We Can Offer You
At Sifton Properties Limited, our goal is to support our employees through strong Health and Safety programs to support everyone to live, work, and play in healthy work locations and the larger community. We have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to protect the health and well-being of our employees within all of our business locations. Employees joining our team are required to meet the pre- employment condition either to be fully vaccinated or undergoing the process of completing their vaccination prior to accessing the workplace.
Collaboration: You are set up for success with training/mentoring in your new team
Engagement: You will work in partnership with our Supervisors/Managers to build strong tenant/resident/customer experience skills.
Programs: Unique rewards and recognition program throughout the company.
Connections: Experience our company events and team engagement programs.
Celebrations: Milestones are important to us as part of our team with special events.
Unique for you: Employee Assistance Program to support your confidentially in all that matters to you.
Other perks include: discounted uniforms/other work wear items/discounted clothing for special events and discounted product offerings throughout our network.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Sifton Properties would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.