This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Nov 14, 2023
Grand Erie District School Board
Invites applications for
Full-time Temporary Web Developer/Computer Analyst
Teachers Resouce Centre (Brantford, ON)
The Grand Erie District School Board is guided by our vision to Learn, Lead and Inspire and our shared mission to build a culture of learning, well-being and belonging to inspire each learner. Grand Erie’s 2800 employees provide quality education to approximately 29,000 full-time equivalent students who attend our 72 schools. The Board spans a geographic area encompassing the City of Brantford and the Counties of Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk. The head office is located in Brantford. The Board is currently seeking a 1.0 FTE Temporary Web Developer/Computer Analyst to join our team.
We’re a team building a culture of learning, well-being and belonging to inspire every learner. We’re all learners, leaders and inspirers, working with students, our communities and each other to build a stronger future. We offer outstanding colleagues and supportive leadership, a commitment to ongoing learning and an excellent compensation package.
Required Abilities and Qualifications
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will work within a Software Development team to develop and maintain various applications and SiteFinity webpages. Creating and maintaining custom web applications, creating and maintaining interfaces with various school board applications, along with creating and maintaining reports, user training and documentation are other requirements. The successful candidate will develop expertise with K212 HRIS and provide technical support to the Human Resources department for K212-related functions and project requests. Time outside the normal business day may be required to meet operational needs and respond to emergencies.
- Minimum relevant (3) year college diploma in computer technology/programming required (i.e. Computer Technology Analyst or Computer Programmer/Analyst)
- Minimum of 2 years relevant IT work experience required in any of the following:
- development of applications in Visual Studio using the .NET framework (Visual Basic)
- Experience with C#, VB, AD/Windows Domain required
- Experience with school board HRIS Integrated Personnel and Payroll System (K212) is preferred
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server Management Studio, SSRS, Crystal Reports is required
- Working knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle Databases is preferred
- Working knowledge of SiteFinity Content Management System is preferred
- Must have the ability to document at both a technical and non-technical level
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills; ability to work in a team environment as well as independently is required
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills is required
- Must be highly self-motivated with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of Design Patterns and best practices of software development preferred
- Must possess a strong customer service attitude and be able to demonstrate initiative
- Positive willingness to learn to develop skills in new technologies required
- Must have own transportation and valid driver’s license
All submissions are to include a complete cover letter, resume, qualifications, and the names of three (3) professional references at least one of which must be a current supervisor (one document if submitted electronically). All new employees are required to provide an original Police Record Check (which includes a “vulnerable sector search”) acceptable to the Board prior to the commencement of employment.
Applicants with a disability that requires an accommodation to enable their participation in the interview process should advise the Board when contacted for an interview. Any assessment and selection materials and processes used in the interview process can be made available in an accessible format, upon request in advance.
All submissions are subject to a screening process and some applicants may not be granted interview.
Grand Erie District School Board recognizes Six Nations of the Grand River and Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation, as the longstanding peoples of this territory. We honour, recognize, and respect these communities as well as all First Nations, Métis and Inuit Peoples who reside within Grand Erie District School Board. We are all stewards of these lands and waters where we now gather, learn and play, and commit to working together in the spirit of Reconciliation.
|Hours of Work
||7 hours per day/35 hours per week
|Rate of Pay
||$42.62 per hour
||As soon as can be mutually agreed upon until March 2, 2024 tentitive
||Internal applicants may apply by clicking the button below by November 27, 2023 at 4:00 pm.